3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NY southern zone  (Read 7989 times)

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NY southern zone
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2009, 07:44:00 PM »
Went out tonight and sat under a roosting tree, looking for a turkey. No turkeys showed up, but I had a nice big doe broadside at 15 yards, with three more behind her. Man I wish I could shoot does here...  :banghead:
Think I need to hit the state land this week and fill a doe tag. Im twitching because Im not hunting enough...
Nice to see you Shawn!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2009, 07:59:00 PM »
According to Charlie Alsheimer's book "Hunting Whitetails by the Moon" The "Rutting Moon" is Nov.2nd. This means that the Prime Chase Phase Period should be Oct.31st to Nov.8th and the Breeding Window should be from Nov.9th to Nov.22nd.

Things should really kick into high gear next week!!!!! and guess what??? Yup!!!!! I'm on vacation AGAIN!!!!!  :archer:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Gaff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2009, 08:31:00 PM »
glad to have ya beack shawm!!  :thumbsup:  

gaff
----------------->>>>>>>
Jamie

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2009, 08:46:00 PM »
Chuck I love that book. I've got the first week of nov off. They are already chasing. The scape are hot..Shawn great to hear from you. Let us know how it go's..Had a sow a cub come by this afternoon..That was great..

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2009, 08:58:00 PM »
This weekend can't come fast enough for me! Now if I can get the Green Light from my wife...  :rolleyes:  ... This should be interesting...

* Hey There Shawn! Glad to see ya again!

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline LAR43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2009, 11:14:00 PM »
Really been looking for you Shawn. Good to see you again!! Put some venison on the meat pole!!  :thumbsup:  

Larry & Greg
Age brings us the priceless gift of experience and knowledge. . . Priceless, but not free.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2009, 05:36:00 PM »
Glad to see you back Shawn, it's been pretty slow around here a lot of night time moment, it may be the warm days.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline PASQUINELL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2009, 06:02:00 PM »
Hunted for five sits in Rhinebeck last week. First night at about 5:30pm, a small six walked along stone wall making scrapes and tearing up saplings. He was about 45 yards from me. I was sitting on scrapes that I was thinking were made by him previously. Second night I got in the woods and saw 4 white flags waving to me as I arrived at the stand! Darn it, they were moving earlier than I thought. Third night the weirdest thing happened. A HUGE flock of Starlings decided it was time to get together in the trees and they were making a deafining sound that made turkeys run and squirrels hide. It was amazing on how many there were! All at once there was a giant swooshing of wings and they were gone, but so was everything else. Then came night four. I had twelve turks all around and making a racket. All became silent and that old familiar sound of crunch, crunch, crunch came to my ears. I look over my left shoulder and here comes a nice buck walking the scrapes I was set up on. As he walked torward me, I lifted my bow when his head was behind trees. Here he comes, closer, closer and I can see he is a nice 8 about ear wide. He gets 15 yards from me and I draw letting the cedar fly. WHACK... right into a maple sapling as thick as my pointer and middle finger! I never saw the darn thing. He didnt really run but never gave me another "ok to shoot" shot. Oh well, It was cool and saw some nice deer. Those deer were really out early and my buddy said he had that same buck chasing on two does a couple of days ago
"I can skin a GRIZZ as fast as you can catch um"...HA! stay right there pilgrim I'll be back!
JOHN 3:16

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2009, 08:40:00 PM »
Put a nice doe down tonight. Double lung at fifteen yrds.Had the loins and heart for dinner.Life is good..

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2009, 09:00:00 PM »
Nice going Tucker!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2009, 09:39:00 PM »
This weekend cannot come fast enough.  Had a tough day at work and could use a little time in the sticks.

Charlie.

Only saw squirrels last weekend!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2009, 10:59:00 PM »
Been a little slow around here since my opening day doe....but I know there's plenty of good deer around...the next couple weeks should be great if it gets cold!

Way to go Fred     :thumbsup:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2009, 12:18:00 PM »
Congrads Tdog    :wavey:
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2009, 12:21:00 PM »
Welcome back Shawn! You were missed! Haven't had a chance to hunt NY yet, but will get out tomorrow and the rest of the weekend.

Offline Pointer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2009, 06:50:00 PM »
Rained out today...took off next Mon and Tues... hope to get out then...

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2009, 07:48:00 PM »
Been seeing plenty of deer. Did see a one horn buck chase a doe on Sunday. Picked up what was left of a monster that got hit in the road. He was a typical twelve pointer what a waste !
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2009, 12:15:00 PM »
Way to go Tucker, now that you have a deer shouldn't you be spending more time at the water plant   :bigsmyl:  I'm hoping to get out this afternoon and I'm off for three days, I hope, last weekend I had four days but was called into work for three of them.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Online Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2009, 05:17:00 PM »
I've gone out a couple of time on Long Island. I saw a small 8pt walking out about 50 yards and was able to rattle him in to around 18 yards. He wasstanding broadside looking around with his hair up and heended up jumping the string on me. I would have hit him high lung with my shot but he was just to fast. I'm still kicking myself for not aiming for the heart since i knew he was obviously on alert.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2009, 07:26:00 PM »
Tucker had another good day in the deer woods today...I'm sure he'll be along to tell ya about it.   :coffee:

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2009, 09:09:00 PM »
Uh oh.....sounds promising. Any day now tuck...
                         -Jamie

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©