3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NY southern zone  (Read 7986 times)

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: NY southern zone
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2009, 09:16:00 PM »
OK Tucker, lets hear it.

Jeff, I used to literally live down the street. In the barn converted into apts. at the end of River rd.  I love your area!  

Saturday's almost here!   :bigsmyl:  

Charlie
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2009, 09:47:00 PM »
I thought he would have chimed in by now but he might still be stuffin' meat in the freezer.
Charlie,I know where that is...use to date a girl there.Ever do any hunting around here.

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2009, 10:01:00 PM »
Put a nice eight down this morning. 16.5 inside. Came in up wind. 15yrd shot hit him a little back. Waited an hour before I followed him. Caught up to him laying down. Try to sneak up on him to put him down for good but off he went.Let it go for another half hour.Caught up with him. He was about fifteen yard above me. Put him down for good. I'll have a pix in day or so..Very cool. Great morning to be in the woods.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2009, 10:17:00 PM »
Going out in the AM with ADK Ken to see if we can't have some luck. Sounds like its gonna be warm again. Saw a fisher last time, hope to see a deer this time........
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2009, 03:46:00 AM »
See you there in about two hours Ron...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2009, 04:20:00 AM »
Good luck guys   :thumbsup:  I'm heading out in the heat   :banghead:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline bog monster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2009, 08:09:00 AM »
It has been very slow in Allegany County. The deer and I don't like all this warm weather(but at least I still show up in the woods!). Any bear sightings? They seem to be all over this year, but I have yet to see a track on my hunting grounds.

Offline 3dmuzzy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2009, 08:44:00 AM »
Its starting to heat up around here,seen a nice 8 chasing a doe,the doe came right under my stand but the buck was just out of range.Theres some big rubs all around one of the stands I hunt,Just have to put some time in...Good luck to all....ED
Put some air under it.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2009, 12:56:00 PM »
Bowspirit has a story to tell.........
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline rkmnt2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2009, 02:04:00 PM »
A buddy and myself are headed to Allegany State park end of next week...going to rent a cabin around Red House. Anybody got some help for where to hunt from there?
   Don

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2009, 08:47:00 PM »
Ed good to hear from you good luck to you..

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2009, 10:06:00 PM »
I hope Sat am is good.

It'll be warm but with Rain later in the day foretasted I think i may have a chance...   :rolleyes:  

Charlie
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2009, 10:50:00 PM »
Tucker's deer....man nice deer Tucker!!

"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2009, 03:21:00 AM »
Jamie thank for posting that for me.I love that picture.

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2009, 06:25:00 AM »
Hey Tucker! I know that rock.....   ;)   Way to go my buddy.   :thumbsup:  Always nice to shoot one with drag handles.

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2009, 07:04:00 AM »
Hey that deer looks just like this one   ;)  

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2009, 11:04:00 AM »
No problem tuck, awesome pic, I agree.

Now, out with the details...
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2009, 08:42:00 PM »
Good to see you back Shawn.Glad all is well.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2009, 08:49:00 PM »
Awesome!!!! Lets hear  the Story!  I didn't see any deer this am.  Great morning though.  A friend of mine had a n eight point buck run off a six pointer.  He sits about 100 yards from me.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2009, 06:31:00 AM »
Kind of a bitter sweet day. Up in the stand at seven.Nice north wind.Put some james valley out on both sides of me before I went up. New stand site pinch point between two bedding areas.Just before nine had some does come in. As they where coming into the stand you could hear them crunching on the acords that was cool. At ten yards the lead doe looked right up at me. I did my best to hind behind my bow. It worked she step to my left went behind an oak. When she came out on the other side I let it go. I hit her a litte back but was sure I got liver. She ran off about forty yards. I could she the entrance wound and it looked go.Then she just walked off and the other does follwed.I figured I would give her an hour or more I was in to sitting all day. I was watching to the east cause thats the way the doe came from. had a couple more does comee in but got spooked and headed to the south. I continued to watch to the east think thats the way the bucks would come. Then just before Ten I caught movement to my left. Antlers! Grab the bow turned in the stand. He was rackin he's antlers on the over head branches of a hemlock tree.I could see he had at least three on one side which made him legal for this area. He came out about five yards and put one right in the boiler room. He took off and my knees just about gave out.I sat back down and replayed the whole morning in my head. Two deer in one day,cool.I waited about an hour got down. Collected all my stuff and went looking for the doe. Found good blood at first but then it just stopped. Did a couple sweeps of the area But nothing. Crap! So I started to track the buck. Follwed him for about fifty yards and found him laying down so backed out a little and was watching him.I figured I cold sneak up on him and put him down.Nope he got up and started to walk away.I let him go for a half hour cause there was good blood and figured he be dead. I started to track him again and was into it about a hundred yards when I lost the blood trail. I just happen to look up on the cliff and there he was standing there.So I put another one in himHe took off like a shot and I heard him crash.Went up in to get him and thats when I got a good look at his head gear.Took a couple pix dressed him out and went back to look for the doe. Spent the rest of the day looking for her no luck. Bitter sweet day..

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©