3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Small woods hunting  (Read 243 times)

Offline Crowbird

• Trad Bowhunter
Small woods hunting
« on: October 17, 2009, 07:35:00 PM »
I have a couple of very small patches of woods surrounded by corn and soybean fields on some private ground that I hunt. One of the other guys that is hunting it took a big buck out of it. Should I stay out of it for a while or go ahead and hunt anyway. It is such a small patch that I dont want to pressure it too much but it is a great haven from some of the local public lands. What are your opinions?

Offline QUINT

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Small woods hunting
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 07:45:00 PM »
Hunt it!!! Just go in early, slow and quiet, and if you don't score, go out the same way, slow and quiet.

Offline Crowbird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 07:56:00 PM »
Thanks. I guess that sounds a bit silly. I do hunt some public ground where I have been seeing deer. This particular patch I am talking about can only be approached from one direction stealthy like or directly across a cut field from another direction. I was wondering if I should save it until the deer have really been pressured for a while. Thanks for the reply Quint.

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 08:19:00 PM »
be gentle in there, scent free, and dont educate them and you wont have any problems.

witht the rut coming soon it will be a magical place!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©