3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How many hunt alone?  (Read 1222 times)

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How many hunt alone?
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 09:26:00 PM »
This is an interesting thread. I guess I should feel blessed. I have a couple of good hunting buddies that I hunt with. I guess I would feel lost if I didn't have somebody else to share my memories with. We hunt different areas of the farm but always meet up after the hunt. I guess I would feel a little lonely as well if I came from the woods to my truck and didn't have anyone to share it with. Hmmm, interesting.

Mike
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline SilverTip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2009, 09:32:00 PM »
I hunt alone most of the time, sometimes relatives and friends come up for a hunt.

Billy
If Jesus Christ guides your arrow, its really hard to miss.  Billy

Offline barebow17

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2009, 09:37:00 PM »
I bowhunt a 100% solo. Gun season I like to hunt with relatives.

Offline screamin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2009, 09:44:00 PM »
Almost always alone for the last 20 yrs. Buuuttt, this yr my 13 yr old daughter came along and she has decided she wants to hunt next yr. I find I am more excited about that then anything.

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2009, 09:45:00 PM »
I hunt alone a lot. I have 'hunting buddies', but I prefer the solo method; quieter, more introspective. If I am hunting bugling elk, I would prefer a partner, however; preferably one with a strong back and a large backpack.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2009, 09:47:00 PM »
After hunting with friends until the mid-ninties. I've bowhunted alone ever since. Gun season I hunt with my son, and would probably quit gun hunting if he didn't join me. I've thought about bowhunting with friends again, but not really sure.

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2009, 10:06:00 PM »
My 10 year old son is coming on to be a bowhunter and I'm sure he'll move in to be my hunting partner, but it's kinda nice having a buddy to share the hunt with! a good hunting partner is hard to come by, especially when you just bowhunt only! Thank's for all the replies, Jason

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2009, 10:14:00 PM »
Gun hunted in a party for years in the Adirondacks, then started to do my own thing. Got back into bow more serious and it lends its self to a more solo experiance. Wife would rather I did not go alone but its not always possible. Started hunting with Adk. Ken last year a bit and it seems to work out alright. Not everyone can hunt alone, it just works for some folks and not for others.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline yekrut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2009, 10:15:00 PM »
90% of the time I go alone, I like it alone but also enjoy my dads company!
There are many good moccasin tracks along the trail of a straight arrow: ( fox )

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2009, 10:15:00 PM »
Unless I'm hunting out of town I always hunt alone. I like hunting with other people it just doesn't work out most of the time.

Offline bunky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2009, 10:23:00 PM »
The last two years have been alone.  My teenaged sons seem to always have something ele to do.  I'm hoping that they will get interested in hunting again.
Mohawk 66"44#@28"
Browning Cobra II 58" 56#@28"

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2009, 10:31:00 PM »
My boys have absolutely no interest in hunting, they used to appease me when they were younger but at 18 & 21 now, they just aint interested.

As a result, I probably hunt along about 80% of the time.
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline StickBowManMI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2009, 11:13:00 PM »
Solo. Its not always easy to find a compatible person to bowhunt with you. I had a couple that I used to hunt for about 20 years; but I moved away from that state. I now hunt alone but not by my choice.

Offline FOXXNTROUT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2009, 11:24:00 PM »
100% I move to much to actually get to know anyone since grade school. I prefer it.

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2009, 12:16:00 AM »
Not anymore.  My wife has started bowhunting and while I loved hunting alone, I am really enjoying sharing the woods with her and watchint her learn about stalking, hunting, and making clean kills.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2009, 12:43:00 AM »
I hunt alone.  Seems like I can spend a lot of time in the woods thinking about nothing other than hunting and how fortunate I am that God provided me with another wonderful day outdoors.

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2009, 12:51:00 AM »
I was hunting about a quarter mile from my wife.  I heard a horrific noise and then it came by me.  A 500 pound elk, it passed by me and went on about a hundred yards, when a truck pulling a wagon rattled down a hill about a quarter mile away and it came tearing back to with in twenty yards of me. I made a grunty sound to scare it away and only made it mad.  I felt pretty much alone right then.  This is North west Iowa, there are not supposed to be rutting elk and mountain lions, but we have both apparently.  There are no elk farms anywhere in this area either.

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2009, 01:29:00 AM »
Yep, 99% of the time I'm alone. Like the solitude and I can take my time in all that I do.
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2009, 03:00:00 AM »
50-50 with my son. Hap

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2009, 04:20:00 AM »
elk bugling is best done with other hunters - and I put my time in doing that; but most of my hunting is done solo. I might take bear bait back in with a friend; but most of my bear hunting is done alone.

I was sitting yesterday in a blind; waiting for the southbound bucks I have been seeing walking by it. I was therefore looking north; and had a shot to my left. I had a northbound doe stick its head into the blind; and its first inhale made its eyes cross.
 It got out of there fast. Now if I had someone else in the blind; I would have had to put up with WAY to much mean laughter !!!

Better this stuff happens with no witness' !

:archer:
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©