3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shipping to Canada ???  (Read 298 times)

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
Shipping to Canada ???
« on: October 17, 2009, 11:37:00 PM »
Without a doubt, several people here have shipped a bow to Canada. Could anyone please tell me the procedure.......is there anything special that I need to do customs wise ??? Also, is there anything that I would need to know to receive a bow from Canada ???

No doubt, this has been asked before, but when I did a search on it......I came up dry.

Thanks.....

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shipping to Canada ???
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 11:46:00 PM »
There is a customs form you'll need to fill out and attach to the package, other than that it's not much different than shipping anywhere else.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 11:58:00 PM »
I had no problem shipping a bow to Canada,like said you need to fill out a customs form.I used USPS when I shipped to Canada.

Offline Bowshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 03:44:00 AM »
I have shipped and received a few bows across the border, fill out the customs declaration and send regular mail, insured with a tracking number. That is the cheapest and usually the quickest.

Terry

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 07:45:00 AM »
It is simple and USPS will walk you through it.  Just keep in mind that the cost is quite a bit more than shipping in the lower US.

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline acadian archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 08:44:00 AM »
DON'T use UPS. When UPS packages arrive up here UPS makes us pay a "Brokerage Fee". It's usually much more expensive than the shipping charge. USPS with tracking number is the way to go. Never had any problems getting my stuff when the seller uses USPS and a tracking number.
44# Chek mate Hunter II

"shoot what you like, like what you shoot"

Offline Downsouth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 09:01:00 AM »
Yep, just attach the customs sticker with the "declared value" and send it in an indestructible package via USPS with tracking and insurance and it'll get here no problem! The real cost is in sending long packages, more so than from weight. I've also noticed when shipping a bow to the USA via Canada Post that there is a surcharge for handling a round tube such as a 6" piece of pvc sewer pipe, so if you use that for protection, stuff it in a square shaped cardboard box after to avoid that. I'm not sure if there is a similar charge from USPS when shipping to Canada!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©