3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Busted two guys sneeking into my spot!  (Read 1116 times)

Offline razorsharptokill

• Trad Bowhunter
Busted two guys sneeking into my spot!
« on: October 19, 2009, 08:19:00 AM »
GRRR! I was lucky enough to get there just as they were walking in. They said "we saw your truck and just wanted ato ask iff we could hunt".

THEN, I had a atv w/in 100 yards of my stand on the adjoining property. I still saw some deer but this kind of crap bums me out in the stand.

I have my trail cams in lock boxes and a ladder stand chained and padlocked. I'm sure these guys have been going in there for a while. They were carrying all their gear like they knew where they were going.
Jim Richards
Veteran

USMC 84-88
Oklahoma Army National Guard 88-89
USMCR 89-96 Desert Storm
Oklahoma Air National Guard 2002- present. Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005(Qatar) and 2007(Iraq),
Operation New Dawn Iraq 2011,
Operation Enduring Freedom 2018 Afghanistan.
NRA Life Member.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Busted two guys sneeking into my spot!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 08:28:00 AM »
I feel your pain Jim. Nothing like putting in a lot of work and having a bunch of trespassers ruin your day. I hope you showed them the door and they realize they are not welcome.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 09:07:00 AM »
Is your place posted? If so, you might bring the local Sheriff's office into play when you catch these jerks.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 09:21:00 AM »
is it private property Jim?
its crazy how often you hear of guys trespassing, stealing stands, sitting in other peoples stands, stealing trail cams it seems to happen all the time now,
 its sad.

seems in our politically correct society they always get away with it, but like my dad says

"if you dont listen, then you gotta feel"
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline razorsharptokill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 09:58:00 AM »
Private property but its not posted. I'll fix that. They were planning on hunting anyway, they had all their crap with them, they just got caught and tried to clean it up.

I wish I would have taken their pic with my digital camera. That would have made them think about coming back. I'll watch for their vehicle and get pics of the tag AND them next time.
Jim Richards
Veteran

USMC 84-88
USMCR 89-96 Desert Storm
Oklahoma Air National Guard 2002- present. Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005(Qatar) and 2007(Iraq),
NRA Life Member.

Offline ductape

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 10:19:00 AM »
Saturday I was set up about an hour before I heard a car slow down then drive off and about five minuts later here come a guy bow in hand walking right passed me. You should of seen him jump when I yelled at him. He gave me the old " my friend shot a deer next door and I was just trying to find it" response. " it might of gone the oter way" and he left. sucks when other people have NO respect.  

Good luck!

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 10:20:00 AM »
Watch out whatever you do.  The cops around here seem to stick up for the trespassers.  Even if you take pics and their names the cops don't do anything. Once when I wanted to press charges I was threatened by the cops because I had my shotgun with me. It's pretty pathetic what some cops let go.

Offline rascal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 10:53:00 AM »
I rent some private land about 4 hours from my house and I set up about 12 ladder stands as well as a trail cam I move around to check out the local deer.  Ive spent 5 years chasing guys off the property with a good share of them being quite decent and honestly unaware of my lease.  Others have torn down every posted sign I put up and I find constant "sign" of trespassers at my stands.  I know how you feel, I would just love to have them respect my investment and property lines and have even tried the local law, WOW were they on the side of the trespassers!!  

It really comes down to this for me, I can inform 100% of the trespassers and get compliance from 98% of them since they are at heart decent folks.  The other 2% are just gonna continue to do what they do and keep an eye out for my truck or my camp set up so they dont bump into me again.  Im guessing if I push it much further it will just end up going badly for me.  It does get better every year it seems.
Hunt fair, hunt hard, no regrets.

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 11:04:00 AM »
Here in WI private land does not have to be poseted.  Private is Private no excuses.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 02:53:00 PM »
NOTHING works like prosecution. Giving trespassers a break is a sign of weakness.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 03:07:00 PM »
100% what Biggie said

Offline Jmatt1957

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 03:29:00 PM »
Biggie has the answer.

Offline SlowBowke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 03:32:00 PM »
NOTHING works like prosecution. Giving trespassers a break is a sign of weakness.  
Amen to that, Biggie, but good luck too.

Posted, not posted, warned before? Don't matter, authorities here will tell you they "can't" arrest them unless they refuse to leave after the police get there....if they get there that day....or ever call back at all.

That's like giving them an open pass. Nothing is going to happen other than asked to leave? pfffffffffft no big deal to these guys.

If they "shine" a big buck in your area....they ARE going to hunt it. Take that to the bank.

Glad others have had better experiences. Not me.

God Bless.
"Beauty is in the eye of the BOWholder" God Bless!!

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 03:37:00 PM »
Wait till they get in a tree, then go in with a chainsaw 8^).

Offline VAFarmer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »
What bugs me is that most people seem to feel the same way that I do-that folks should, nay, MUST respect other peoples property.

Yet we seem to have all these crazy laws that protect trespassers and crooks.  A couple have mentioned law enforcement seems to be "on the tresspassers side".  
Sure your always gonna have people that break the law.   But the law(and subsequently-law enforcement) seem to be on the perpetrators' side.

How did we get in this predicament?  

Don't WE vote on these laws?

Farmer

Offline josef2424

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 03:43:00 PM »
We posted over a hundred private property signs around our place and came back the next month to find them ALL torn down...The nerve and lack of morals people have when they think they aren't being watched is sickening. I wish there was a more effective way to deal with those scums. Harsh language doesnt seem to do the trick.
Carnivores.....UNITE!!

Offline The Vanilla Gorilla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 04:05:00 PM »
Did you happen to see what they were driving as well?

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2009, 05:04:00 PM »
You all need to move to washington.  Trespass her and you will be prosecuted.  Trespass with a weapon ( firearm ) and it will get you criminal trespass with a life long firearm restriction.  Sounds like the hunters in your state need to vote some idiots out of office and some good people into office that will enforce the law.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline razorsharptokill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2009, 05:13:00 PM »
Yeah I noticed it parked on the property across the road. HAd a Creek tag. Working in corrections for 20 years I notice things out of place. It had a pop bottle on the passenger side on the side of the bed. I thought, "looks like some one just got out and put it there." they had. I parked in between them and there destination but didn't know it. Perfect timing. I was polite but firm. I'll take it slow and base my response on their behavior.
Jim Richards
Veteran

USMC 84-88
USMCR 89-96 Desert Storm
NRA Life Member.

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2009, 05:21:00 PM »
George,   :biglaugh:  

nocams
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©