3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Busted two guys sneeking into my spot!  (Read 1117 times)

Offline sleepingbear

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Busted two guys sneeking into my spot!
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2009, 10:42:00 AM »
when someone knowingly trespasses, I give them a ticket for simple trespass.  Let them fight it in court.  If I catch them a second time its upped to criminal trespass.

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2009, 10:54:00 AM »
The traits that I have learned from my father and the Marine Corps apparently are not traits some people have taught their kids,such as loyalty,honor,pride,tact,respect,trust,and did I say RESPECT.Unfortunately we have to deal with Ignorance(this is the excuse we are supposed to have empathy for)and if we do not handle it in the rite manner we are the bad ones.It will only get worse because most of these values are no longer taught in the home or school.Remember no kid left behind,regardless of the level of ignorance.But those of us with values will be left behind!!
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Kevin007

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2009, 11:08:00 AM »
I don't own any hunting lands.  I have always hunted mostly public lands for 30+ years and have done fairly well. I have to admit, a few times I have stumbled onto the borders or a few feet of unposted/not fenced private lands in new unfamiliar areas but it was not intentional. I have good and bad run ins with landowners on those few occassions. Although at the time I feel that I am at wrong for stumbling onto their property but I don't think land owners have the right to threaten. Hunting is hunting, its not worth getting guns/weapons involved.

kevin.

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2009, 11:09:00 AM »
The more people you prosecute the more the word will get out. That seems to be the only way we have been able to keep people off of two of our properties. I am the care taker of over 400 acres. It has been a full time job keeping four wheelers off in the summer and poachers in the fall and winter. Nothing spreads the word like a citation and fine in court. Less drama and less chance of reverse accusations or retaliation.

Offline VAFarmer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2009, 11:24:00 AM »
Remember no kid left behind,regardless of the level of ignorance.But those of us with values will be left behind!!  
Ahhh yes!   The "dumbing-down" of american childern is the key to having a more perfect future society of idiots to control.  The few have's will easily be able to reign in the majority of have not's.
Then you can throw common sense, morals, freedoms that are guaranteed by the Constitution, and human rights down the toilet-and no one will be the wiser!!

This trespassing, no-regard for personal property situation is just one of the many problems we have on hand to fight against.  Just don't voice your hunting/weapons/health reform opinions too vigorously, because then you are labeled a terrorist if you oppose the ideas.  Unfortunately, one must get up off the couch late at night when we want to be watching TV, and write elected officials about this type of thing.   Get your friends and like-minded folks to write as well.  Most of these guys will still pay attention, if more than a handful of folks  will voice.
In the time it takes to post here, we can each have a letter rough drafted- send it in to your congressman and lets say enough "political-correctness"!!  We want our property and our rights protected, nay, we insist on this.  Too long blatant disregard for others has been tolerated.   And if a victory is won, and folks dont get to trespass without being punished, then it is a step back in the right direction for all morals and values.

Farmer

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2009, 04:07:00 PM »
Originally posted by Biggie Hoffman:
NOTHING works like prosecution. Giving trespassers a break is a sign of weakness.
EXACTLY!!! I've got the game warden on speed dial. Only needed him once in 13 years and that was last year. A couple out of staters who lost a hefty priced license. Our land is beyond posted!
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2009, 05:28:00 PM »
When i was in college i hunted with a friend i met while there. They are huge land owners and one of the farms they hunted on the most is 6,200 acrs. My friends dad walked up on 3 guys field dressing a nice buck and when they took off running he fired a shot in the air and told them to stop. These guys hired  a lawyer and i never was told how much money was involved but i know the owner of the land had to pay a huge sum of money to the 3 guys who were trespassing.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline razorsharptokill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2009, 07:34:00 PM »
sad.......
Jim Richards
Veteran

USMC 84-88
Oklahoma Army National Guard 88-89
USMCR 89-96 Desert Storm
Oklahoma Air National Guard 2002- present. Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005(Qatar) and 2007(Iraq),
Operation New Dawn Iraq 2011,
Operation Enduring Freedom 2018 Afghanistan.
NRA Life Member.

Offline dan d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2009, 08:42:00 PM »
I have to quit reading this post, it's too depressing, I thought maybe it was just that way in my neck of the woods. Now I find out that the whole nation is full of Losers.
Dan
Compton member & Michigan Traditional Bowhunter member.

Offline 684Kevin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2009, 09:12:00 PM »
Dont confront them.  Find where they are parked.  Call your local game warden or park officer to where they are at and/or have a officer wait for them on their way out.  In many states, if the tresspasser has no written permission slip to hunt the private land directly from the land owner and/or property manager, they are imposed some pretty good fines even on the first offense.  The second time caught without it ussually gets license revoked plus a fine.

Offline wissler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2009, 09:52:00 PM »
I busted a young kid sneaking to a private sector of land in a suburban area which I was hunting.
Not only do you need to have the landowners signature on a form on your person, a permit from the police dept to discharge a weapon, your permit# must be on your arrows, and your state back tag must be on your back and visible.

This guy had NOTHING!!!
It took everything I had in me to refrain from beating him into the earth on which he stood!!!
He literally ran to his parked car(illegally parked as well)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©