3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Archery Seasons In Other Countries  (Read 326 times)

Offline Crowbird

• Trad Bowhunter
Archery Seasons In Other Countries
« on: October 20, 2009, 07:13:00 PM »
I am interested in hearing from Trad Gang members from other countries or anyone in the U.S. who has travelled abroad about hunting seasons or the lack of one. Is archery hunting legal where you live and if not why and since when? What types of game do you and can you hunt?

Offline slivrslingr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Archery Seasons In Other Countries
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 07:34:00 PM »
Here in Japan there is no archery hunting allowed, there is a firearms season though.  It's too bad, as there is a huge deer and boar population which is growing and causing lots of agricultural damage.  I'm not sure when archery hunting was outlawed.  Only people that are residents (Japanese, foreigners with resident visas and military members) and can pass the exam can obtain hunting and firearms licences, there is no way for a tourist to come and hunt here.  The hunting tradition is dying here, the latest numbers I've seen are that there are only 250000 licenced hunters and that number is falling.  There is virtually no recruitment of new hunters.  Getting the information on obtaining a licence is difficult, few Japanese even know that hunting and firearms ownership is even possible.  Even the police, who administer the firearms licence, don't know the rules.  The whole situation is sad, as I think there would be a good number of people that would come here to hunt the world class sized Japanese sika stags that roam the mountains.  Hope this is the info you were looking for!

Offline Crowbird

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Archery Seasons In Other Countries
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »
Definately. Thanks for the reply. It is sad since archery in Japan does go back a few years. I can imagine it would be a wonderful place to hunt and visit.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©