3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trad gang sure put a smile on my face!  (Read 2085 times)

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
Trad gang sure put a smile on my face!
« on: April 06, 2007, 12:46:00 PM »
Some of you know my wife of twenty six years left me a few weeks back to seek a better life with more material items and success in it. I just want to say since i have been a member here i have met no better people on this earth, and made some great friends thorough this site. Next week i will no longer have the computor to visit with many of you. For how long? i don't know. But hope within the year to hook back up and reconnect with you. I'm headed for the cabin in the woods along a nice river and live the simple life with nature and beauty and carry my many sticks made or traded for with friends on this site. I will make it to the post office once in a while so if you need my addy for something unfinished PM me and i will send it. I hope this site continues to bring joy in peoples souls like it did me. Happy hunting Boys and girls and "Walk in beauty."                                Mato Cante
“I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trad gang sure put a smile on my face!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 12:53:00 PM »
Sorry to hear what hapend to you sounds like parasdise though to go live in the woods God knows ive always wanted to. I wish the best to you friend and I pray everything works out for you. Good luck and God Bless.
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 12:53:00 PM »
Vic, We can't have this Brother! I have an older computer that I was going to hook up in another room in the house. You need it more than I. We just need to get it to you. Sounds like an Iowa road trip is in order. PM me man!
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline formerbutcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 12:57:00 PM »
Good luck to you Mr.Vick !!  :D    :D
It's a great day to be alive !!

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 01:00:00 PM »
Good Luck Sir, God Bless, but hope to see you here as often as possible.  :campfire:    :archer:

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 01:05:00 PM »
Unacceptable. Something needs to be worked out for visitations. Have a library near you anywhere?
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline uhdet

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 01:06:00 PM »
Vic, Gonna miss our e-mails. Gonna have to let me know how to get ya your bowie knife to ya. You've been a good friend. Take care of yourself and hope it all works out for ya. If you need something just hollar!

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 01:10:00 PM »
Mr. Vic,

I sure have enjoyed pm'ing with a fellow Iowegian Tradganger.  And man, what a bummer you're going through.  I can't imagine the stress and grief. I'll definitely keep you in my prayers, bro.  

You will really be missed on this forum.  Bet you I'm not the only one that has appreciated your contributions to the forum.  Hope you can take LeRoy up on his offer of the computer.  And if that doesn't work you can always get a free gmail or hotmail email account that you can check out at your library.

Chin up bro, and I hope to see you soon.  I'll be pm'ing you.
Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier. -Mother Teresa

Offline Green Arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 02:09:00 PM »
mato cante,

sounds like you are doing what i would do in your situation, going to the source.  (and the best thing we can all do when things turn upside down)  head into the forest, sit on the mother, find our balance.  (and of course fling some arrows)  :)   my heart goes out to you and i'll miss seeing your posts and your artwork on the tradgang.  this certainly is a good group of folks, you are right about that.

blessing on your journey,

enjoy the day,
Sapa Mato Wichasha
"Everything the power of the world does it does in a circle." -Black Elk

Offline LoneWolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 02:25:00 PM »
Like someon already offere I have a extra(at least one) computer if ya want it.
If not, sounds like your headed for a wonderful time away from everything,  Best wishes and find a way to stay in touch,
LoneWolf
"Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;" Gen 27:3

Offline strick9

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 02:47:00 PM »
There are many men in this world who have never tasted the freedom you are about to enjoy, And even more who have and gave it up and regretfully so, find peace it is beside every blade of grass, Man I miss living off the land,, I wish you well , check in only when you feel like it....Draw lots of blood and eat well....
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2007, 03:01:00 PM »
Hurry back. Hap

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2007, 03:50:00 PM »
I wish all the best to you Vic!

Hope to see you back very soon, will surly miss your posts, but look forward to the many tales you will no doubt have to share form living in such a perfect spot.

Jake
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2007, 03:53:00 PM »
Dang Vic..not good man. What a shame. Wishing you the best   :campfire:
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Bard1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2007, 03:59:00 PM »
Vic, we never talked one on one, but I have often read your words.  I hate to see you loose contact with us.  However, I understand what your doing and I wish I had a cabin like that to go to.  Blessed be brother, and keep the wind to your face.
Derek
got arrows?

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 04:02:00 PM »
sorry to hear that man but somthing will come up if i could i would help but i  live half way round the world god bless man and take care and keep in touch with the family  :campfire:    :archer:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Shell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2007, 04:21:00 PM »
Vic, Pm sent.....  :(

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2007, 04:27:00 PM »
It truly is unfortunate when after so many years together people find different paths in life and go seperate ways.  I haven't been there, and can't pretend to offer guidance, but it sounds as if you know what path you must take for your own happiness.  Often times I have seen people forced to change into something they don't want to be, and that never works out in the end anyway.  Better for you to follow your heart and move forward as best you can.  I am certain there is great sadness during the process, pray that it will pass for you, and hope that you will discover true joy and love in the future.  Good luck my friend.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2007, 04:35:00 PM »
Vic, I will lift you up to The Father for guidance, comfort and for provision. I hope our paths will cross again. You will certainly be missed. Bless you My Brother!!

Kenny
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2007, 04:37:00 PM »
Maniya washtay, kola. Maka Ina will heal you. You know where I am.

Killdeer  :campfire:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©