3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: lonetree archery Ocelot  (Read 1338 times)

Offline A. Reagan

• Trad Bowhunter
lonetree archery Ocelot
« on: October 23, 2009, 07:51:00 PM »
Hey gang,
I just purchased a Lonetree Archery Ocelot hybrid long bow-used,(but its hard to tell) from a fellow trad ganger. The bow is awesome and shoots great. Its very eye catching too. 56@28. Does anyone know about these bows? I can't find any info on the net. Stuff like: who's the bowyer?, were are they made? and the like.
Thanks Andrew
Andrew Reagan

Offline SL

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: lonetree archery Ocelot
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 08:17:00 PM »
I had one and it was a great shooter. The bow maker died several years ago. I believe his name was ron casto out of oklahoma. He made a heck of a longbow. You would do well to hang onto that bow. You wont see many for sale.
SL

Offline A. Reagan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 01:27:00 AM »
Thank you.
Andrew Reagan

Offline Dunc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 12:04:49 PM »
Was your bow left handed? I have the same bow you describe if left hand that I purchased recently and it is an awesome bow. I love it. I wonder if this is same bow?

Online Crash

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 04:31:34 PM »
You have a very fine example of a well made longbow, and as stated earlier, you rarely see them for sale.  If it makes a difference, it was also made by a good man and a good bowyer, he was a heck of a shot too.  Ron, or he also went by Ralph, lived just outside of Allen, Oklahoma.  His bows developed a cult like following here in southeastern Oklahoma and Texas.  I was fortunate enough to get to know him and even spent time shooting with him at his house.  Truly a good man, down to earth, and as genuine as any I've known. 
"Instinctive archery is all about possibilities.  Mechanist archery is all about alternatives. "  Dean Torges

Offline Dunc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 05:05:40 PM »
I’ve heard only good things about RL Castoe. His bow is a sweet shooter and has a very interesting texture on the wood that I’ve not seen in any other bow. Being left handed I don’t find a lot of good bows on the used market so I was lucky to find this one.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©