3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How to store your archery gear  (Read 852 times)

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: How to store your archery gear
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2009, 09:29:00 AM »
dam thats sucks!
nothing more destructive then a bad fire, we had our shop burn down and loss everything melted the bench vice eveything

anyway we can help?
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline blind one

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2009, 09:32:00 AM »
Brian, I have bows, quivers, arrows, all the way down to tabs. My arrows are all full length so I can cut them down to whatever you need. Let me know if you need anything and I'll get it in the mail for you monday....Roy
"To die is nothing. One is here, One is no longer here. It is only at the end one must be able to say 'I was a man'"...

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2009, 09:46:00 AM »
What's Your draw length? What kind of bow do You shoot?

If leatherneck's bow won't work for You maybe I have something that will work for You.

I also have a nice daypack I'll send You. Just list what You need to get back on Your feet.

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2009, 10:26:00 AM »
Man what a bummer.  Our house burned down in '98 and we lost everything.  I remember watching our house burn......thinking everything you have lost.  :confused:  
  If you need something ask, we're all here to help.  Good luck, and be strong.   I'll be praying for you and yours. :pray:

Offline Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2009, 10:37:00 AM »
Tha really sucks!
As others have said, let us know how we can help.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2009, 05:22:00 PM »
That's just tragic.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2009, 11:51:00 PM »
What a tragedy. But look on the brite side all the guys here on the Gang willing to help out in anyway. Myself included, Just post what ya need. I'll throw in what I can if I got anything that will help you as well as all these great guys.
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2009, 12:17:00 AM »
Brian

That is too much for one guy to take!! Very sorry for your loss, and hope you can pull out of it.  I am with everyone else, and can help out where I can!

All the best
Jake
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Johnny Reb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2009, 12:27:00 AM »
Count me in, make a list, I'll be watchin.
It's a twang thang,some people git it, some people dont.

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2009, 12:35:00 AM »
I want to thank those that have offered support. I did have my hunting longbow in my cabin; lost about 30 in the fire; but my hunting bow is intact.
 I have the arrows in the quiver; and will make them count.
 I had insurance that ~should~ cover about a third of the loss - we shall see.
 It is amazing what things I had purchased over the years; the more I wrote down; the more I realized was gone.
 Not just archery stuff; but a 400 year old family bible; my Hardy Boy Book collection from the fifties; and everything that was made of aluminum... it just vaporized.
 Lesson to all is to make sure your insurance is up to date; and have pictures -- first thing the insurance company said was " have your receipts for everything ready".
 Like I have my receipts from things...    :rolleyes:
 I had my young feather burner in a metal cabinet; and although the metal cabinet was twisted and burned; the doors were closed- but no sign of the feather burner inside... its just incredible what fire can do.

Again thanks for the support and offers.
I am a volunteer fireman; and helped put out the fire- it took three firetrucks; and we refilled the tanks on the trucks 3 times each.

Gives me a perspective I didn't clearly understand before...

Just learn from my lesson ....
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2009, 12:38:00 AM »
Brian

Sometimes bad things even happen to good people.  I wish it didn't, but unfortunately, it does.  Not the same, but about a year ago someone broke into my house while my wife and I were both at work.  Spent at least four hours in there cleaning us out.  Without a doubt the worst feeling in the world, makes ya feel numb and sick.  We are on the slow road to recovery though and each day is getting better.
I haven't replaced much of my stuff, but I do have extra of things.  If I can be of any help let me know, or just post a list up here, what I do have is available, should you be in need!

Take care Brian

Travis
"Dad I think maybe sometimes you think too much" after an errant shot stump shooting with Cameron, my 5 year old son.

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline Ray_G

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2009, 01:39:00 AM »
Bummer, Brian.  Glad that you are safe and that your huntin' outfit is OK.

Ray
Sunset Hill 64" 54# @ 26"  "Destiny"

B.H.A.

Offline TheFatboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2009, 05:18:00 PM »
Oh no, no, no.....

That has to be the worst thing that could happen to you, next to losing a loved one. I nearly shed a tear.

Do you know what was the cause of the fire?

All the best to you from Denmark   :pray:
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2009, 08:55:00 PM »
Sorry to read about your loss.  I can also help with what ever you may need.  I have extra cammo, back packs, arrows, bows, fanny packs.  what ever I can help with let me know.

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2009, 11:46:00 PM »
Brian, sorry for your loss.  The 400 year old Bible breaks my heart.  No amount of insurance could ever replace that.  In my thoughts and prayers, buddy.
Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier. -Mother Teresa

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2009, 03:04:00 AM »
Thanks again for the support.

No real idea what started it. The fire chief thinks the dryer I had in it started it; but it was not running at the time. Everything was so burned; it was impossible to tell. The dryer circuit breaker had tripped. No other indications. I found where my catquiver was; and the carbon arrows I had in it were visible but just ash. The Magnus broadheads on them were melted. No other sign of the catquiver at all. If you know what a fence stretcher is; it melted the one I had in there. Mounted deer heads on the wall - no sign of them at all. The asbestos ring from the wall tents stove pipe holes were there.
 But my crester; my arrow cutter; my bitzenburger and clamps- all completely gone. My 70 pound anvil for horseshoeing is there but it 'tings' when you hit it with a hammer- after shoeing a thousand horses - a totally unfamiliar sound.... and it melted the metal on my horseshoe forge !

It was one hot fire.  

The surprise to me was the intact survivor- a 75 gallon propane tank ! Still has propane in it.. I pulled it out myself most of the way through the fire- had my buddies to think of. It was the last thing I thought would survive !!

Offline Oliverstacy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2009, 03:15:00 AM »
Wow...I'm sorry you had to wake up to that.  Hopefully the insurance will cover more than you think!

I am going to take a lesson from this and start taking photo's of all my guns and bows and anything else of value.

Josh
Custom Flemish Strings by Oliverstacy!  
Kanati 60" 57@29"
AP Cumberland 66" 58@29"
WhisperStik KajikaStik 56" Recurve with Canebrakes...57@28"
WhisperStik KajikaStik aka "Wormy" RC & LB,both 55@29"
Martin Savannah 50@28"
Kota Kill-um 55@28"

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2009, 03:18:00 AM »
Wow Brian, sorry to hear that.  Our house burned down December 29th of 1974 and I can still close my eyes and see it.  I was only 9 at the time.

I thought this thread was going to be something about a cool bow rack and storage cabinet or something...

What an amazing coincidence that you happened to take a picture that day before it burned.

It's gonna be tough.  Trying to make lists of things that are gone is real hard.  A couple years from now you'll probably still go to use something and wonder where the heck it is then you'll remember, Oh yea, that was in the shed too.  Found out about that when I was moving and had a bunch of stuff stolen out of the truck.  Lost all my guns that time.  Didn't realize how many other things were taken until I needed them at a later date.

Let us know if there is anything you need help with.
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline TheFatboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2009, 03:24:00 AM »
Someone asked what made you take that photo on the day before the fire, not sure if you missed it. I'm curious too. You just felt like snapshotting?
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2009, 03:35:00 PM »
I often take pictures of the deer and elk and bighorn sheep; and mountain goats and moose and bears and wolves and coyotes etc etc -on the Salmon riverbed below my cabin; and of the elk in with my pack animals- and of the spring flooding- that picture was not taken the day before; I should have said what it looked like the day before. I did though take pictures - just none from the same angle as the burned pictures. Sorry for that confusion.

Yes - I keep thinking of things in the barn. I think in general -men organize differently than women. My ex-wife one time complained about something not being where it belonged; and I asked her 'where does it belong?'. She was baffled. There was no 'place' in specific where it belonged.
 Now ask a guy where is needle nose pliers are: and he can tell you from memory. Women are more likely to suspect the tool box; men seem to have a photographic memory: as to where they used them last and put them down.

So; as I go to do something and need something; its like 'doh!' it was in the shop !    :banghead:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©