3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Loggy Bayou Stalker Series or Summit Open Shot Deluxe  (Read 189 times)

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
Loggy Bayou Stalker Series or Summit Open Shot Deluxe
« on: October 24, 2009, 02:44:00 PM »
Me and my hunting buddies just leased a 1,500 acr tract and we didnt have time to put any lock ons up so i need a light climber. I have been looking at these 2 and they look like just what i want. Any of you guys using either one of these climbers. Not interested in any others but the stalker or the Open shot deluxe.

I would really appreciate some feedback about these 2 stands.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Loggy Bayou Stalker Series or Summit Open Shot Deluxe
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 03:25:00 PM »
ttt
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline bigbellybuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 06:24:00 PM »
I just switched from a lone wolf to the open shot deluxe.  I'm a big guy, 6'2" 260, and the open shot platform is really small.  I got the summit full size platform and the open shot seat. It is the total package, light, quick setup,fast climbing, sturdy, and very comfortable. I can shoot my 64" longbow behind the tree no problem.  I have a buddy that's about 5'8" or so and he loves his open shot with the small platform, but he uses a compound. I would recomend the large platform for shooting clearance with a trad bow. It weighs 16.5 lbs. with the big platform.
I don't have a problem.  I can quit deer hunting anytime I want.

Online BUCKY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 07:43:00 PM »
loggy stalker for me. i love the open front and the seat folds totally flat against the tree.

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 09:16:00 PM »
I went ahead and bought the Summit open shot deluxe and the only draw back is the base is a little small but the seat folds up with ease making plenty of room to stand. I got it out and climbed a tree in the back yard and it should work great for a stick bow.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©