3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: LW Climber users - S&C to Hand Climber Q.  (Read 197 times)

Offline GMMAT

• Trad Bowhunter
LW Climber users - S&C to Hand Climber Q.
« on: October 24, 2009, 03:52:00 PM »
If you've switched (or added) to the hand climber (in liew of the sit and climb)....did it give you more freedom with your trad bow (as far as shooting to each side)?

Thanks!

Offline LC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: LW Climber users - S&C to Hand Climber Q.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 04:05:00 PM »
Well I haven't "switched" but all I can say I have a LW hand climber, I don't "cinch" down the platform and seat, so when I see a deer coming I slowly stand up as I'm lifting up the seat part (which is secured to the tree with the bungee) and I'm good to go. Love my LW hand climber. Can't imagine a better climber for any bow hunting.
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Offline pitbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 04:25:00 PM »
I had one of each, I threw away the seat and bought a second hand climber, no comparison as far as manueverability. Like LC said if you flip up the seat, I have even got off shots behind the tree.

Offline GMMAT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »
How can you flip up the seat?  Do you guys not use the sstraps that attach it to the platform?

I wanna get more shots....but I wanna come home at night, too!....lol

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 08:04:00 PM »
I've been using mine that way for about 15yrs.,flip the seat up and you have the whole platform to move around on, and nothing for your bottom limb to hit!

I have a very old version that was an original V-bar stand, converted to a traction band when they came out.  Plenty big, but the newer version is even a little bigger.

I still use the original bungee that used to come with the stand that had the single hook built into it. Just hook it on the band on the backside of the tree and you can flip the seat up, and it flattens against the tree.

I don't know how many deer I've killed out of that stand.  I rarely set stands around here any more because of thievery.

But I think the versatility of the climber has given me more of those "first time in" situations.

I love my LW...and I'll be about 18ft up in it in the morning    :archer:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline LC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 09:53:00 PM »
Yeah I agree with all the above. I think the  reasoning of "cinching" the platform and  the the hand climber together is crazy! It's only solid if your standing and putting pressure on the platform, if you fall off and are no longer putting pressure on the platform all bets are off but in that case you better have a fall arrest strap no matter the stand or brand. The original instructions before politcal correctness come in to play and the lawyers got involved was to bungee strap the hand climber to the tree with the bungee strap that is used to hold the climber to the stand while transporting. It works great. Simple and effective. Doing that you can lift the seat out of the way and shoot any direction without the seat par being in your way.
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Offline GMMAT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 11:59:00 PM »
If I'm gonna flip the upper out of the way....why not just flip the upper I already have?

Offline ethan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 12:03:00 AM »
GMMAT, I switched from the S&C to the Hand climber about three years ago.  It does give a you a bit more room.  I much perfer the hand climber.

Offline wihill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 01:35:00 AM »
I've got a hand climber also.  While I like how comfortable the SnC is with a Summit seat in it, the HC is so much easier to maneuver in.  

However - for the life of me - I can't figure out how you guys are flipping the seat out of the way.  Mine didn't come straps to cinch it down to the platform, so I put a couple cord loops under it and use the bungee from the platform to hold it steady.  What bungee are you using that allows you to flip the seat out of the way?  

Pictures would be GREATLY appreciated!

Here I'm off tap-dancing along the edges of the platform and Curt's already figured out how to shoot behind the tree....
   :knothead:    :help:
Support the sport!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©