3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Looking for some NY bowhunters near me  (Read 1049 times)

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
Looking for some NY bowhunters near me
« on: April 06, 2007, 09:50:00 PM »
Is there anyone from NY who is close to Ithaca? Im looking for someone to do some trad bowhunting with and some shooting if anyone is near by please reply id like to get together. Shooting and hunting gets old by yourself when your the only trad person in your neighborhood.
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Looking for some NY bowhunters near me
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 09:59:00 PM »
Im south of Albany about twenty minutes. There are quite a few locally. Did you make it to Shawn's bunny hunt? If not you should plan for it next year...
In the mean time, I like the idea of the thread. I think some NY get togethers sound great. I would love to try a pheasant hunt this fall, if I can get my dog to stop chasing arrows like they are wounded birds....lol. A few hours in a car is worth it to me.
I will be checkng this post for sure.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 10:36:00 PM »
Jamie me and my dad are planning a pheasant hunt some time in the fall or early winter its on a preserve but were good friends with the guy he has some great land and most of his birds are free ranging. Im going to try with my recurve and flu flu arrows if you interested let me know and if you or anyone else who sees this thread would like to join me on my hog hunt let me know I think that would be cool to get together with some of the TG boys.
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 01:47:00 AM »
Hey Jamie, I take it you're back...

2blade, I'm just a half hour or so north of albany. If you wanna get together with the rest of the 'Gang, you should try and make it down to the Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt next year in february...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 02:02:00 AM »
Boy id like to but I doubt I could get a ride and I dont shoot well in front of people lol.
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline Linc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 04:11:00 AM »
Nick, There are a few of us trads up in the Syracuse and the surrounding areas. Most of us don't hunt with each other.But 3D is another story.We have a good time.You and your pappy should try to make it up to Deerslayers for the Rendezvous Fathers Day weekend.it is 2 days of fun and all the shooting/fun you can handle.Plus one day of semi-serious 3D trophy shoot.Camp out onsite and sit around the campfire BS'n.
Lincoln E. Farr

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 07:35:00 AM »
Nick,
your about 2.5 hours from us, my son and i would love to get together with you and some of the TG members for some hunting and or shooting. Somehow you should make it a point to attend the bunny hunt you won't be sorry. Were are you going hog hunting?
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Keuka

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 09:08:00 AM »
I'm two Finger Lakes to the east of you about 13 miles south east of Penn Yan. I live on the west side of Lake Keuka. I don't get to Ithaca often but I have hunted the Finger Lakes National Forest near Watkins.

There is an archery shoot at or near the Seneca Lodge every year but I believe It's mostly or all wheels. There's a big shoot every year just south of us in Pennstylvania.

Offline maxfit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 10:52:00 AM »
I am up in Rochester. Will travel.
Lu 11:21  When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 01:25:00 PM »
We should find out what state campsites are free and open to hunting. I know in the catskills it is after one of the holidays....lots of state land to hunt....free camping. Anyone?
I am indeed back bowspirit. Ga was rough for me...all the land hunted was clear cut, no snakes, and the birds were scared of my northern accent.LOL. Had seven or so gobbling within earshot of my house last night.
2blade....sounds like it would be worth a trip to me...Im sure my brittany would be up for it too.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2007, 01:52:00 PM »
Im going on the hog hunt in Tioga PA it can be a 2 days hunt but they say you kill on the first day most likeley. That would be fun to get together with some of the Trad Gangers and do some stumping
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline Tim Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2007, 02:19:00 PM »
Not far from Thruway Exit 32. About 90 minutes from Ithaca.
Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2007, 04:31:00 PM »
Alot of you are pretty close if you want to get plan a day when we could shoot or if you guys want to go on the hog hunt let me know id like to get a group of traditional archers I dont think they see many at all there.
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline SteveB

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2007, 05:24:00 PM »
I know a few who have been to Tioga.
Would have to be free and I'd have to be starving before I would consider it.

Steve

Offline dudley152

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2007, 05:51:00 PM »
I'm around 5-6 hours from Ithaca (Plattsburgh area). I've hunted Watkins Glen for a number of years until the last 3 years when medical problems came up. Would love to get together in the fall, especially for pheasants, if I'm able. There's good deer hunting down your way.
Vietnam Veteran
"Remember Those Who Made the Ultimate Sacrifice"

Another Proud Member of the "Disabled but not dead" Brigade!

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 06:42:00 PM »
Will be doing alot of filming this year I do alot of squirrel hunting with my bow and id like to try and take a turkey in the fall we have alot of great deer hunting at my house im looking to do any type of hunting with my bow.
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2007, 09:00:00 PM »
Sounds like a pheasant hunt is required...and a camp-out bowhunt for deer....and turkey LOL...heck Shawn's bunny hunt convinced me any trad get together or hunt is worth it. Im not even a full year into trad and Im so completely hooked...any excuse to get out there is good enough for me.
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2007, 09:09:00 PM »
Nick, a ride to the bunny hunt would not be a problem. We have about ten guys that could pick ya up on the way through. We have a blast and as Jamie said a ride ios always nice. If ya got a spot to shoot, Jamie, me and Damon88 would takre a ride out one day to shoot with ya! Shawn
Shawn

Offline finger lakes bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2007, 05:59:00 AM »
I live 10 mins from Ithaca.  I am new to the sport.  I have 50 acres in between a cornfield and a clover field. I just got a nice doe last night.

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2007, 08:16:00 AM »
I normally do a bunch of hunting about 15 mins from Ithaca.  I can't make it out this year, but do yourself a favor and check out Cliffside state forest.  All the hunters I've seen in there stay low.  Go up TOP, go through the briars and drop down the other side... there be MONSTERS there!!
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©