3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Pa Guys, are you seeing any deer?  (Read 924 times)

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
Pa Guys, are you seeing any deer?
« on: October 28, 2009, 10:10:00 PM »
just want you thoughts or reports on this year, i know my season has gone pathetic! maybe il tlk about my depressing season l8r... what you seeing?
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline BOWMARKS

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Pa Guys, are you seeing any deer?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »
I am seeing but I need a rifle to shoot them! I hope it's because the corn is still standing. It's awfull wet here I realy don't like hunting in the rain. I hope our luck changes soon.    

Good Luck MARK
Kanati Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Hoot's Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Shrew Classic Hunter 56"-47#@28"

TGMM Family Of The Bow
United Bowhunters of Penna.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 10:33:00 PM »
Rain and standing corn are really putting a hurting on my season so far. Tons of acorns still on the ground. Hopefully the rut will start to get the bucks moving a little. Deer vehicle collisions are really starting to show up at our shop so maybe things are going to get going around here soon!
  GLENN

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 12:54:00 AM »
I haven't been out much, but have seen deer most times.  I've been playing hide and seek with a seven point up along Glades Pike, the ridge above town.  Found a scrape line yesterday, but it was raining a frog strangler this morning so I stayed home.  Probably won't get out now till Saturday.

I'm never depressed in the woods...deer or no deer.  Take a day off and work on your sentence structure and syntax.  It will cheer you up for sure.    :thumbsup:     :p

Offline Lamey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 01:14:00 AM »
my friend Pat from PA has killed 2,  one doe, one 10 point.  He's a member here, maybe he will chime in!

Said the rain has been killing him lately.

Offline Earl Jeff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 03:41:00 AM »
I've only seen deer twice from the stand since the season opened. deer seems to be almost nocternal right now for some reason ???

Offline sweet old bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 05:25:00 AM »
I am like Earl Jeff I am not seeing much of anything, but if I do it is in the first 10 minutes of light or the last 10 minutes of light. I so far have seen a total of 3 deer only, no rubs and no scrapes. We have some corn cut, but everyday it seems to be wet. If we get a day of snushine it goes up to the mid 60's and then the deer do not move as they have there winter coats on...

Oneonta NY area

Bill
you should see how I use to shoot
Sand dune archers Myrtle beach SC
Senior archers of Oneonta NY

Offline richbat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 05:53:00 AM »
same here not seeing any deer,but so far seen 1 bobcat,2 gray fox,and countless #'s of squirrels.i have seen alot of scrapes but not to many rubs.heading out this morning to try it again.
Richard Battistoni

Online Jeff Mccarthy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 09:33:00 AM »
I live in Cambria County very close to Glendale Lake, have hunted almost every day except for a few with heavy rain or high wind. Have seen a total of 12 deer this year. 5 small antlered bucks out of range, 2 button bucks, 3 does.
Black Widow PCHV 55#@28" 58",  Robertson Fatal Styk 50#@28" 60", Blacktail Elite 55#@28" 60"

Offline Follower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 12:06:00 PM »
Drove up from Alabama to hunt Crawford Co. this week.  Two of us been hunting hard since Monday and we only seen a handful of deer.  I thought it was going to break loose this morning because we saw bucks crossing the road in the dark on the way and we saw a couple small bucks from the stands real early - then it went dead again.  Its getting better all the time though.  I usually come up the first week of Nov but decided to come a week earlier this year.  Might of been a small mistake....
"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross, and follow me...."  Jesus  (Mathew 16:24)

Offline Saltydog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 12:36:00 PM »
Deer sightings have been on the sparse side. The only shot opportunity was a pair of this year's fawns at about 8 yds - mom stayed out at about 30 yds.

But had a good night Tuesday when I watched a male blackbear within 25 yds of me for over 15 minutes. He laid on the ground and scratched his back (reminded me of my dog) and that is how I know he was a he.
I've learned that walk in the woods with my father as a child did wonders for me as an adult.

Offline ed burgholzer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 07:35:00 PM »
i hunt by my home in Pike C

ounty. dense hardwoods. not many deer. year after year its like this. been out every night. seen only one spike and a few does. But the first week of nov. i usually get one.. last three years have been 3 - 4 year old bucks. antler retrictions are working...i have seen 6 bears. they are feasting on the acorns...Ed
Ed Burgholzer

Offline Crowbird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 07:38:00 PM »
Was seeing deer in the early season. When it was lighter longer into the evening. Killed my first with a longbow last week of Sept. Now I am see them when it is too dark to shoot. Had three about 10yds crossing in front of me Tues. evening when I was walking out of the woods but was too dark. Dont know about the mornings. I am hunting pretty much all evenings right now.

Offline wollelybugger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 08:05:00 PM »
Have seen deer every time out, missed a doe with my self bow. Saw my first buck last night right under my stand, a 5 point, need four on one side where I hunt. Lots of turkeys and hope to score next week.

Offline Joe D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 04:28:00 PM »
I saw this one on Oct 16th. I hadn't seen this one since late July, early August and then he just showed up in Oct.

Joe D
"Silva Vocat"

Offline Got2strum

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 04:50:00 PM »
Wow Joe ! Sweet buck !

I have also been seeing lots of deer. Only one day out that I did not see any.

I hit a real nice eight point the second day of the season. Rather not dwell on it but it turned out to be the first bad hit that I did not recover   :banghead:

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 06:09:00 PM »
Weather in our area has been way too warm and a lot of corn still standing due to several recent heavy downpours. They just aren't moving. Lots of acorns on the ground, and if they're anywhere, it's there, but at night. We need a cold snap to get things going!

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2009, 08:02:00 PM »
I keep plugging away, only missed a few evenings. Seen deer on three occasions, total of six, five were repeats. All does and fawns.

I expect things will get better real soon. Regardless, my treestand is a great end to a day in the office. Deer or no deer, I'm enjoying myself.
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2009, 09:01:00 PM »
Down here in southern Chester County we're still seeing quite a few animals each time out.  I've filled 3 doe tags and have been waiting for a buck the past week.  Yesterday and todays evening hunts were pretty good, 5 bucks last night another 4 tonight in a different area.  Out of the nine 3 were real nice 1 was great. The does seem to be lying low and not moving around too much.  The few does I've seen have two or three bucks in tow, mostly young guys with high hopes.

Next week should be real interesting throughout the state.  Good luck!

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2009, 09:42:00 PM »
I've been hunting State Game Lands in Centre Co and so far have only seen 6 deer (two of them spikes), but I haven't been able to get out as much as I planned between work, bad weather, sick kids, and sick me.

This morning, however, between my swine flu coughing episodes, I had two does come in.  I was on the ground with the wind perfect; they had no clue I was there; and I completely blew a broadside 20 yard shot.  My only excuse is very poor shot execution brought on by "doe fever".
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©