3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Black Widow Bows?  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Grayseas

• Trad Bowhunter
Black Widow Bows?
« on: October 30, 2009, 07:16:00 AM »
I have been considering purchasing a new Black widow bow this year, How ever I have notice a lot of used ones for sale. Are they for sale because of the bad economy? Or because of performance issues?
Eli
74 lb Shrew Safari
65 lb Fedora
62 lb Black Widow
60 lb Bamboo Viper
52 lb Bear Hunter TD

Offline Pegen

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Black Widow Bows?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 07:18:00 AM »
bad economy, and their good resale value

Offline Masham Man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 07:54:00 AM »
You could probably buy 2 in the classifieds for the price of a new one. I bought a PSAX about a year ago on here and I love it.
Daniel

Offline Reaper TN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 08:04:00 AM »
You can buy one of the best, most beautiful bows out there, but without practice and dedication these bows will not shoot any better than a $200 bow made in Korea.  Great for a guy like me who will not spend $1100 for a new bow.  Keep buyin' them Widows.
TT Pinnacle II  45# 62"
Hoyt Excel  50# 64"

Offline mustoffa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 08:10:00 AM »
hi never owned one but shoot a few  i think there a very nice bow and know a lot of friend that shoot them .i shoot a bow worth 2000 and it shoots no matter then others it the shooter . it just practice pravticie and it all comes together
vernon thompson

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 12:13:00 PM »
I have many,many bows right now and only one is a Blackwidow model that being a 56" PSA-X model. It is one of my favorite bows. I have some bows that shoot faster,some that are quieter,but the PSA is real easy to achive great accuracy with I think it is the handle design/weight and the draw is very,very smooth also. Also the fit,finish,and craftsmanship of my PSA widow is first rate right there with my Morrisons, Blacktails, Centaurs and other higher end bows I own.

Offline Bill Kissner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 12:15:00 PM »
The main reason there seems to be more Widows advertised might be because there are probably more of them sold new. They are one of the premier bow companies and build a lot of bows. I'm one of those guys that seems to have to have a new one every year.   :knothead:
Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 12:19:00 PM »
there are alot of them out there, plus they are in my opinion one of the best bows made and hold their resale very well....
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline Jim Picarelli

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 12:39:00 PM »
I owned alot of Black Widows(longbows & recurves) and sell or trade them because I want to shoot something differant....but I always come back to the Widows
67" Hill Tembo, 50@27
67" Hill Half Breed, 53@27
66" Hill Redman, 48@27
66" Hill Cheetah, 55@27
66" Hill Big Five, 50@27

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 12:52:00 PM »
I have about 30 bows at home with 2 being black widows a 99 MA1 and a 2K6 PSA2  and I always come back to the widows,,,, I agree that the bow you shoot good is priceless no matter what it costs and I won't say Black widows are better than anything else but they have a good feeling with me and I never ever doubt them..

with a widow I know exactly what I'm getting everytime I order  or trade for one, I have had other custom bows and they always seem to be so different form bow to bow I never know what I'm going to get.

yeah most people I know love them or won't say anything bad about them,,,, 90% of the people I have met that have something bad to say about them never even owned one,, they always say "Well I shot one"  but never actually owned one and had it all tuned up,, so I pay no mind to their opinions.  

try for a week before you buy--> widow backs its rep up right there.
"Us vs Them"

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 12:53:00 PM »
I have bought 3 of them used, still have one and the others, I never lost a Dime on. Are they the best?, depends on what your looking for....but they are pretty darn good!!!!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 01:05:00 PM »
Gosh, sure glad to see all the sensible posts here...no kidding.  On other sites, there would already be the comments about "production bow", "overpriced", "not worth it", "$20 a barrel full", blah, blah, blah.

Yep, they are great bows that most folks can shoot accurately with ease, and they hold their value.  Buy a used one now, shoot and keep it a year, and then sell for the same money (or more).
Lon Scott

Offline MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 01:14:00 PM »
I have had quite a few bows, bought my first Widow here just to see what the hype was about plus I knew I could get most if not all of my money back. Love them, like said above, maybe not the prettiest,or the fastest or quitest but I think they are the best all around shooting bows out there.
Mike
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 01:35:00 PM »
I`ve owned a couple of the recurves. An MA and SA and loved them. Like someone ele said I traded just trying other stuff out. I`m presently  shooting a PL and don`t see it leaving anytime soon.RC

Offline KumaSan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 01:55:00 PM »
The Widows are good bows and well made. I currently have two (a PGA and a Diamond Anniversary). I also have a number of other bows that may be quieter and perhaps faster, but with a Widow you will get most of your money back when reselling. There is a big following for the Widows, and I believe most owner's just like to try a different model. That's why you see so many being sold, or we need to downsize in weight.
It would be best if you could see the Widow boys at a Show to try the different ones and feel the grips.

Offline Otto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 08:35:00 PM »
If you don't mind buying a used bow you can get an awesome deal.  Most of the time you can save $250-$300 over the cost of a new one.

I only own 6 of em.  But I ain't smart enough to take my own advice.  All but one were bought brand new.
Otto

Offline jbuck9

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2009, 12:20:00 AM »
Great bows and there are many out there, the widow shooters have a fever, must get a new one , its the widow bug, so you sell one too help buy another, Ive owned 15 of them over the years, and needless too say still shooting one.
Try one one and you may get widow bit.

Offline LPN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2009, 01:50:00 AM »
I've heard nothing but good things about their customer service even with bows on their 2nd or 3rd owner,,I was in your position about 6wks ago and was motivated by the aforementioned "blah blah blah" I really like the looks of the TFX and found one for sale at my preferred length and weight,,very very nice bow,,smooth as can be to draw & faster than I thought,,try one,,you don't have to buy new,,,well worth lookin' into,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2009, 01:52:00 AM »
I just got my 1st Widow in the mail today. I can't believe how accurate I shoot with it! I'm sold!

Offline frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2009, 07:13:00 AM »
I love my Widows!  :thumbsup:
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©