3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Black Widow Bows?  (Read 1641 times)

Offline polarbear

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Black Widow Bows?
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2009, 10:19:00 AM »
The best customer service you will every get!The only bows I can set new or used the same as other B.W.  its ready to go.They do hold there $ very good. Try there Test Drive.
Does your train of thought Have a caboose?

Offline frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2009, 12:09:00 PM »
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2009, 01:17:00 PM »
:goldtooth:

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2009, 01:51:00 PM »
I wouldn't know where to begin on my personal opinion of Black Widow and there customer service. Suffice it to say, I've found my preferred bow above all bows I've shot to date. 64" PL-X, 53# @ 29". Flat smokes an arrow!
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline rambo1993

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2009, 04:56:00 PM »
i wish i had a widow psr 3 one piece 68#@30" (im 16 and want it to last) but they are so expensive if i had the money id get one 54" long
Black widow 2007 PSR 2 T/D recurve 60" 48#@28"
Bear kodiak hunter 1pc. 50x#@28" 60" style recurve
Kota Prairie Swift 1pc. 53#@28" 60"
Samick Leopard recurve T/D 50#@28" 60"

Offline Stan the bow man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2009, 01:40:00 AM »
Gotta love those WIDOWS    :thumbsup:    :jumper:
Blackwidow PSAX 45@28 64” Black & White Ebony
 Blackwidow  PLX TD 64” 48@28” Black & White Ebony
  Massie 64"48@28 Longhorn Longbow      
Roland Jenkins recurve 50 @ 28”
Bear Polar LB 45 @ 28”
Bear Grizzly 55 @28
2 Osage self bows

BY THE GRACE OF GOD

Offline Renaissance Man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2009, 01:54:00 AM »
First rate company to deal with, very professional.
Very good craftsmenship, I have owned two and sold them both after several months, these were before the asbel grip was being done.
They were a very consistent bow, but both I owned were to darn loud, and the grip to narrow for me at least.
I talked with many a widow owner before during and after I had mine. I have quieted many a bow but they were difficult to say the least.
They are good shooters though and hold their value well which says a lot, especially these days.

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2009, 06:20:00 AM »
I like them. I don't have one now but I would if I had the money. Killed my first two whitetail trad kills with a MAB(black MA series) recurve. Sold it years ago 'cause I needed the money. Wish I had an SA series recurve in Autumn Oak or all osage or a PSR. But I sure don't have any complaints about my Beeler either!
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline Grayseas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2009, 07:12:00 AM »
OK, which bows shoot as well?
Eli
74 lb Shrew Safari
65 lb Fedora
62 lb Black Widow
60 lb Bamboo Viper
52 lb Bear Hunter TD

Offline Richie Nell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2009, 07:25:00 AM »
Quint....You have issues that can't be dealt with on tradgang.
Richie Nell

Black Widow
PSA X Osage/Kingwood 71#@31

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2009, 07:30:00 AM »
Pay no attention to Quint.  He is just a Widow hater full of rage and probably has never even shot or ever owned a Black Widow.  
  All bows REQUIRE tuning.  Black Widows are outstanding bows and shoot right up there with the best of them and their customer service and great company history are second to none.
  If you want to see how they compare check out Blacky's website or the reviews he has published in TB.

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2009, 07:50:00 AM »
I think Quint is entitled to his opinion. I personally feel that they aren't that nice looking, are very heavy, yeah they shoot okay and hold their value because some people are willing to pay that much for them. I think that I have a couple of much nicer bows that cost half as much and were built by hand by true craftsman, who I love supporting. They are lighter, perform just as good and are better looking in my opinion. Seems like some guys just shoot them better than other bows. Some guys shoot $100 Pearsons better than other bows. Some people claim that they have great customer service, but I have gotten great customer service from every bowyer I have ever worked with. I really don't see what Widows offer that I don't get in other places. Seems like the bow companies that spend the most on advertising sell the most bows, but somebody's paying for the advertising! Kinda like Budweiser,not the best beer, but sell the most.Just imagine what a 6 pack would sell for if they didn't have a billion dollar advertising campaign.  :knothead:
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline Grayseas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2009, 08:06:00 AM »
I am test driving a widow this week, i wish i could test drive other bows also. How do I know if another bow is as good or better, most builders, require you to buy a bow to try one out. I not aware of any builder with in reasonable driving distance of VT. Black widow was not my first choice,  I would love to try a shrew or a belcher, or any of the other  builder. BW are  just will to let you try there bow before buying it. If there is a builder out there that thinks he has a bow that is an equal or better than a BW, and is will to do a test drive, like BW does. I would be interested.
Eli
74 lb Shrew Safari
65 lb Fedora
62 lb Black Widow
60 lb Bamboo Viper
52 lb Bear Hunter TD

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2009, 08:13:00 AM »
Hook up with Vermonster 13 for starters!Call some of the other bowyers and ask them for a test drive.I just bought a bunch of used bows from the classifides and shot them to try them. I could always get back what I paid when I sold them. When I figured out exactly what I wanted, I had it made. Man was it fun shooting all those bows!
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline Onestringer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2009, 09:31:00 AM »
Black Widow makes a great bow, they have great customer service, and they are a great bunch of people.  As stated previously they have a test drive program, so they put their money where their mouth is.  

You may find a cheaper bow that you like, but you will not go wrong with a Black Widow.

Scott
Sights, SIGHTS, we don't need no stinkin sights!!!!!

If Geronimo shot a Black Widow, you would be speaking Apache.

TGMM Family of the Bow

http://www.onestringer.com

Offline acadian archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2009, 09:38:00 AM »
black widows bows are a quality product, apparently great service.

Widow topics like this  - been DONE TO DEATH . There must be 1000 resources on them if people USED THE SEARCH routine.
44# Chek mate Hunter II

"shoot what you like, like what you shoot"

Offline Richie Nell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2009, 09:39:00 AM »
horatio1226,
Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion...BUT that is not what Quint did. He started his own post simply to bash a particular bow maker. AND it was not based on his experience with the bow.  That is not right. Period.

Like I said before he has more important issues that can't be dealt with on tradgang.
Richie Nell

Black Widow
PSA X Osage/Kingwood 71#@31

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2009, 11:51:00 AM »
as far as a test drive, I think it is a great idea,  Robertson does it as well.
I love widows, my longbow is one of my favorites. If you ever get a chance to go and visit Black widow it is worth the trip. All the folks talking about the bows being made by machine have no idea, they are no more made by machine that a Morrison or Blacktail both of wich use CNC in their process as well.
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2009, 01:17:00 PM »
horatio1226 stating your opinion is not the problem. You did in in a respectful manner.  So you don't like Widows, that doesn't make you a hater or a bad guy.  It would be a pretty boring world if we all had the exact same likes in bows or anything.
  But Quint isn't being respectful and is just stirring the pot, in my opinion.  He already started another Widow hater thread that was closed, so moved to this one.  

Grayseas,  If you ever get the chance to get to one of the larger trad shoots, that is one of the great things to do there, shoot bows from a lot of different vendors.  Good luck with the Widow, or which ever bow you decide to order.
  I am always open to honest, respectful opinions of equipment.  
  Take care and good shooting to you no matter what type of bow you are carrying.

Offline tj69

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2009, 01:55:00 PM »
Quint,
tell me a bow that doesn´t require tuning...
I don´t know a single one.
I´m glad that there are widows for sale.
Got a nice one-piece recurve for 400Euro, that is about 590$. Good price for a great bow.
Powerful and a sweet shooter.
Love it.
Bezaleel ILF riser + Border HEX6 limbs 50#@29"
Morrison XD riser + Border HEX6 limbs 51#@29"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©