3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Black Widow Bows?  (Read 1643 times)

Offline LimbLover

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Black Widow Bows?
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2009, 01:42:00 PM »
I'm surrounded by Widows here in Grand Rapids lol. All of my friends shoot them and up until going to my first 3d shoot a few months ago I had not been able to try anything but Widows.

They are all great bows, really quick and quiet from what I've seen, my friends all stand by them, and they have the best marketing for traditional bows around. I have their ads on my cubicle walls at work.

I'd love to own one. Almost bought a used one awhile back but I recently decided to go with something else when the time comes just to be different.
Nick Viau
President, Michigan Longbow Association
 www.michiganlongbow.org

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2009, 03:46:00 PM »
Black Widow are not my prefered bows,but I get 3 and don't plan to let go anyone of them,maybe buy the newer short riser 2010 bow :bigsmyl:
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Richie Johnston

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2009, 04:11:00 PM »
I just got a Bear Montana Longbow and figured it to be a stepping stone for my next longbow which I think might be a Black Widow.  I heard the best thing about the Widows is the smooth draw.  I've also considered the tomahawk from 3 rivers.  Anybody have any suggestions for me on longbows?

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2009, 04:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by Richie Johnston:
 Anybody have any suggestions for me on longbows?
Get to a traditional event or two, leave your credit cards and check book at home,  and shoot as many bows as you can.

Think about what you liked or didn't, and then think about finding one.
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline bushytail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2009, 06:51:00 PM »
I agree with BobW.Save your money over the winter,and come spring,go to a few traditional shoots and shoot as many differant bows you can.But odds are,if you shoot a few Black Widows,you`ll be geting one,weather it`s a used one or a new one.
Harold Wetzler

Offline Richie Nell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2009, 06:56:00 PM »
Richie,
yes...the smooth draw.  I remember when I pulled back a test drive Osage Widow for the first time.  I couldn't believe how smooth and even the draw was.  Up until then I thought my Bear takedown pulled nice.  No camparison.
Richie Nell

Black Widow
PSA X Osage/Kingwood 71#@31

Offline Gordy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2009, 06:59:00 PM »
Buying a decent bow shouldn't be an impulse shoppers decision....but sometimes it is.  ;)

Picked up a nice MAV for a good price and never regretted it. Very nice bows those widows.  Would I sell it?  Sure ... how much you got ?  :D

Only reason I would sell it is to get something else .... that I've tried.  To me, BW's are like CM's; you can't go wrong. Although the margins are different, you can count on receiving exactly what you pay for. That says something IMHO.    :thumbsup:
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Offline Richie Johnston

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2009, 08:47:00 PM »
Thanks all for the advice.  I have heard of only one traditional shoot in California where a person can handle different bows from different bowyers and I think it is in Buellton, Ca.  I'd love to try some different bows.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©