3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Info on the Morrison Dakota  (Read 467 times)

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
Info on the Morrison Dakota
« on: October 31, 2009, 10:23:00 AM »
I've never really looked into them too much because they were out of my price range so I don't know much about them.  I'm looking at the one piece in the classifieds.  How does the grip compare to a standard locator longbow grip?  Is it smaller like a shrew or thicker like a mohawk?  Is it a RD longbow or a D shaped bow?  I looked at Bobs site but couldn't find many pics of the Dakota.  I love my new to me Mohawk, but wish the grip were just a little more slender and form fitting to give me more consistency, and from the looks of the pics of the Dakota in the classifieds it has that type of grip.  Anyway for those of you with experience hows the grip on this bow?

thanks,
Ken
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Offline artifaker1

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Info on the Morrison Dakota
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 10:45:00 AM »
The Dakota is R/d and very fast. I really liked the grip on mine, it wasn't real fat. I got rid of it because it was too short for my draw length, I didn't want to damage it overdrawing it. It is a fantastic bow. You'll probably have to shoot heavier spine arrows off of it than you may think. I sold mine to a good friend, I still see it a lot. I went to the ILF Morrisons for the modular design advantages.
Love is fleeting; stone tools are forever

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »
art,  thanks for the info.  i really like the looks of the bow but don't know much about them.

thanks,
Ken
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 01:19:00 PM »
Yep, great shooting R/D bow. The grip can be different from one bow to another. They are custom made to the buyers specs.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 08:43:00 PM »
Bob will make the grip how you want it. My Dakota is very fast even with 600 grain arrows out of 52# @ 27". You can't go wrong with a Dakota. If the grip on the used one fits you grab it!
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 10:55:00 PM »
thanks for all the info guys, I'm sending out the MO for it on Monday!  I really hope it fits me perfect so I can start selling off some of the other bows I've bought this month and rebuild my bank account.  :)   6 bows in one month will exhaust your finances real quick!  ;)

Offline L. E. Carroll

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 11:28:00 PM »
6 Bows in one Month??? Are you a doctor or a lawyer    :wavey:
Tall Tines R/C
64 Kodiak
69 Super Kodiak Big River replica
56" 55$# Static Tipped Kwyk Styk
Blacktail Elite
54 dual shelf Compass Kodiak

PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of WA.

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 12:51:00 AM »
I'm actually unemployed and going to school on the GI Bill, but I've been saving for a long time and I'm just at that point where I want to find what works for me and stick with that one bow and arrow combination.  I gotta tell ya though it's hard with all the great bows I've got my hands on, but when I find "the one" I'll know.

Ken

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©