3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Had myself a close encounter today.  (Read 317 times)

Offline Looper

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Had myself a close encounter today.
« on: November 01, 2009, 01:07:00 AM »
I decided that this evening I would hunt a piece of family property I haven't hunted yet this year.  I set up in a makeshift groundblind on the edge of 20 acre field.  After a late start and being hasty, I left my seat in the truck.  That meant uncomfortably kneeling and sitting on the wet ground.

During one of my many repositionings, I found myself really needing to stretch my legs.  I set my bow to the side and extended my legs out into the bushes in front of me.

As luck would have it, I hear a something coming down the hill directly behind me, not 20 yards away.  It's a nice, fat young doe.  She skids down the slope directly at me.  I'm thinking I'm about to have some hoof tracks up my back, when she skirts through the brush less than an arm's length from me.  Seriously, I could have slapped her on the butt, she was so close.

She scoots out into the edge of the field and turns around at the sound of the chuckle I let out.  She stands there facing me about 10 steps away, trying to figure out what I am.  After a few seconds, she wheels around and trots off across the field, her white flag bobbing from side to side.  I don't think she ever figured out what I was.  

And then there was the vicious chipmunk that tried to lay claim to my rattling antlers.  But that's another tale.

Offline sam barrett

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Had myself a close encounter today.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 08:47:00 AM »
Sounds like a good evening.  I havn't been seeing as much lately as I usually do. (I think its because of all of the corn still up?) Decided to get out of my stand about an hour before dark and still hunt a little and see if I could find some fresh sign.  Almost snuck up on a doe and got a shot.  Good luck with the rest of your season.  Be safe.

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Had myself a close encounter today.
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 06:31:00 PM »
Sounds like fun. Hap

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©