3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: String choices  (Read 1119 times)

Offline shaft

• Trad Bowhunter
String choices
« on: January 06, 2007, 12:53:00 PM »
I've tried a few different types of strings out on my Boss longbows that are very similar to the Tomahawks that 3 rivers sells.Seems that the dacron strings tend to be quieter than the fastflite types.The fastflites seem to have a higher pitched tone.The dacron strings seem to have more handshock to them.Is there a way to get the fastflites as quiet as the dacrons or to stop the handshock that the dacrons produce.I don't really care about the speed difference between them.I just want a quiet shock free shot.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: String choices
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 04:07:00 PM »
D97 and use wool type silencers. I get my bows very quiet with this combp. Shawn
Shawn

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 05:31:00 PM »
DF-97 for me.

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 06:34:00 PM »
I use Dynaflight '97 on my longbow and get lots of comments on how quiet it is.

How the string is made, tuning (brace height, arrows, and silencer placement), the type silencer you use (rubber cat whiskers work well for me), nock fit, etc. all make a difference--probably more than what type string material is used.

That being said, I have talked to folks who's bows seemed to "like" one material over another.  You might try 450+ or 8125 and get different results.

Chad

Offline slayer1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 07:21:00 PM »
I took the fast flight string off of my recurve. No matter what I did I could not get it quiet. I put on a dacron string and now its quiet as a mouse. I wrapped the ends of the string with wool yarn and made some wool string silencers and that did the trick. I was considering selling the bow because of the noise. Glad I got it fixed because I really like the cast of the bow.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©