3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What do you think this buck scores?  (Read 752 times)

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What do you think this buck scores?
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2009, 01:03:00 AM »
I'm not a whitetail guy but maybe 120 ish. But realy your killing me,just shoot and ask questions later! Some of use have never killed a whitetail.

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2009, 02:22:00 AM »
I'd guess the upper 120's.

Now go kill him and prove me right!
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline Autumn Whitetails

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2009, 05:17:00 AM »
Thanks everyone for your response.I was just wondering what a deer like this would score.I'm not a trophy hunter and any deer I take is a trophy to me. He is a dandy and hope to have a crack at him next week.I have a full week off and hopefully the opportunity would present itself. I'll keep you posted if luck comes my way.

Thanks
Autumn Whitetails

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2009, 09:23:00 AM »
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline LV2HUNT

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2009, 11:44:00 AM »
I am with Stiks-n-Strings, he is a "dandy" and worthy of an arrow. The numbers stuff is far too complex for me  ;) .

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2009, 12:15:00 PM »
"Frankly I think that is a darned nice buck"

Me too but it doesn't tell me nothing about what size it is My first bow kill was smaller than half that and was still a "darned nice deer" in my eye's

"I would never cheapen the sport by defining a trophy by numbers."

Sorry you feel that way George I don't see how describing the actual size of an animal cheapen's him.It's not likely anybody here is exploiting the animal for finacial gain some folks just use the number as a referance.While I hope to shoot a book deer myself I have no intention of entering one it's just a referance and should a doe come by too close well she's a trophy too maybe again discribed by numbers be it weight or age

I'd say lucky to make P&Y @ 125 and a shooter in my book.Good luck
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline bolong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2009, 12:19:00 PM »
120 neighborhood
bolong

Offline Longbow Jake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2009, 12:25:00 PM »
Like you've been hearin id say 120 give or take that was befor i even looked at any replys didnt want to get any other idea's age I think 2 1/2 to three years old.I hope we all get a shot at a deer like that some day good luck hope to see some pics soon of him on the ground.
Death Before Dinner.  God is my camera man.   I Love Motorcycles and I Love Bow Hunting But I don't Mix The two I don't put wheels on my Bows

Offline Mike Lee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2009, 12:25:00 PM »
I couldn't have said it any better than George Stout said it. I agree with George.
Mike Lee

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2009, 03:52:00 PM »
I would guess 100-115. A great buck. I hope you get him. I sure would take him. Good luck.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2009, 04:12:00 PM »
I know exactly what this buck would score....My tag!   :thumbsup:

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2009, 06:00:00 PM »
Hunting can be determined by many neither right, nor wrong, For some an outlet for the killer instinct borne into us, or a spiritual outlet of being outdoors. One thing it is not, is a sport. Sport is defined by individuals or teams competing against each other under equal circumstances to determine who is better at the game or endeavor. For Hunting to truly be a sport, give the deer, elk, bears, and ducks Bows,shotguns, or rifles. Then will it be a sport! I wrote " Scores nice if you need the meat" MY opinion was met to be, he is a nice deer to take. What other reason would you kill the deer or any animal if you or some one else didn't need or want the meat?  Sorry i offended you George. Not my intentions. Any deer or animal taken is a gift in my mind. I don't label game as trophies or scores. (Thats just me,)but have no problem with those that do. Thats there right. And i respect it and them.  Everybody is different and has different views of the same subject on this matter. Scores, trophies, gifts, we need to respect how other people see this pursuit of game. I was always taught that the bigger the rack on a buck the wiser he was and to connect with him was a feat. So if i'm full of it here. Well at least respect me?
“I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline Bert Frelink

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2009, 06:55:00 PM »
He scores excactly the  same as this one(enough)

Offline Jake Fr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2009, 07:45:00 PM »
i would say 120" to 125"ish nice deer shooter to me and Katie  i would proly age him as 2.5 maybe 3

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©