3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ladder Stands ???  (Read 1087 times)

Offline jake jr. trickshot

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ladder Stands ???
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2009, 12:28:00 PM »
Thanks Bob ill have to give it a try.
A tradition that never dies
   >>>----------->

Offline gordie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2009, 11:42:00 AM »
thanks to all for all the great insights & tips.

i saw wallyworld had theirs on sale for $70, do you think its worth giving it a try? i can't find rivers edge in n. ga.

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2009, 11:47:00 AM »
My ladder stands were purchased for about $65 a piece.  The way I look at it, if I get one taken (they sit out year round), I'm not out much.  I probably have more invested in locks and cables than the stands....

Keep in mind, they are just a better version of plywood and 2x4s.....

I don't see much reason to spend huge sums of money on them.
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2009, 01:12:00 PM »
I usually pick mine up at the end of the season sales for 59.95.  They are not big and fancy but with a coat of camo paint, they do great.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline NEB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2009, 03:05:00 PM »
Guys, I don't comment much, and really don't comment on "best" this or that anymore.  But I have to say the Family Traditions ladder stands are the most comfortable tree stand I have ever sat in (and that includes the massive climbers that require a mule to pack).  I don't recommend their hang on stand because the height is not right and it is heavier than lead.

The company used to be here in Georgia and they pretty much spread by word of mouth.  Recently the company was sold to a family in Michigan.  We sent them an email regarding the lack of dealers and they were more than willing to sale directly to us.  We use ladders exclusively and many of the ones you guys mentioned are slowly being replaced by the Family Traditions stands.  Their combination of seat material and slight incline to the seat back, which sits away from the tree, allows both all day comfort and ease of movement to stand and shoot.  Before you ask, I am not affiliated with them, I just think they are great stands and a great company to do business with.

Neil

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2009, 09:44:00 PM »
I have a few now.  I don't move them much.  I like them for larger branched trees and trees that are hard to hunt with a hang on due to size, shape or angle of the tree.  I will be doing more in the future when the kids start to hunt.  They are a lot easier to climb and much safer.  The ones I have are 18' Loggy Bayou.  I don't recall the model, but they have a flip up seat and a deep platform almost all the way to the tree.  I spend as much time as possible standing.  A flip up seat and deep platform are absolute musts for bow hunting.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline wollelybugger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2009, 06:38:00 AM »
The older I get the better I like them. I just bought  one used for thirty bucks and will set it up for next year. I like to leave them. I do like to pick a large tree to put against to break up my outline. The only problem I do have is the arm rails, I have hit them with my bottom limb and missed so be careful you have clearance before shooting.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©