3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ultimate Spot and Stalk day pack  (Read 520 times)

Offline excelpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
Ultimate Spot and Stalk day pack
« on: November 02, 2009, 04:39:00 AM »
Ok guys Im after a good quality Spot and Stalk day pack. I have just recently bought a Badlands Diablo. I used it on one trip and although the pack performed flawlessly even with about 12kg of gear in it unfortunatley i am just too short and the pack is a bit long on me. I also have a Badlands monster fanny but prefer traditional stlye packs. I need a pack that is no longer the 20" and would like about 1500-1800CI. Any help would be much appreciated. Im not too worried about price either.
Thanks
Mat
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be ... time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and the fish that live there."
Fred Bear

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ultimate Spot and Stalk day pack
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 05:00:00 AM »
I have one of these and really like it...although it's not quite as big as you asked for at 1400ci...
 http://www.sitkagear.com/Product.aspx?cat=26
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 08:02:00 AM »
I got a pack from Day One last year. The beauty of it is that it is very light because it is made from 100% fleece except for the nylon straps. I use is almost every day to carry my outer layer clothing to my stand because i have a bit of a walk (or paddle) and I just sweat too much. I find it to be adequate for anything I need to bring along. The other feature I really like about it is I can turn it inside out and wash it with my regular hunting clothes to keep it fresh and clean. Because it is fleece it is very quiet. I just love it.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline jhg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 08:28:00 AM »
Blacks Creek packs are adjustable. For the money I wouldn't buy a pack that wasn't....

Joshua
Learn, practice and pass on "leave no trace" ethics, no matter where you hunt.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 08:45:00 AM »
Take a look at the Eberlestock X1 and X2 packs on my website link below.  Sounds like exactly what you are looking for.  They have been so popular that Eberlestock has sold out of them completely and are on backorder, but I hope to be receiving more shortly.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 09:20:00 AM »
Eberlestock make one fine pack.  :thumbsup:

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 10:28:00 AM »
I use a Sitka Gear 1400 for most of my trips and find it fits the bill in almost all instances. I also use a Bison Gear First Trip Explorer when I am far enough back where I'll more than likely have to pack outboned meat...the expandable game bag is a great feature. Between the two of these, I'm completely covered for day packs.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline excelpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 01:13:00 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys. I really like the look of the Sitka stuff. One other requirement I forgot to mention was I must be able to crawl in them. One thing I didnt like about the Badlands ridgid style pack was I couldnt lift my head when on hands and knees. Anymore out there?
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be ... time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and the fish that live there."
Fred Bear

Offline pete p

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 05:11:00 PM »
hey, check out the camelbak uproar.  just got one off fleabay and it blows any other hunting pack i have away.  doesnt come in the costume camos but they have some good earth tone colors

Offline jasonbker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 05:20:00 PM »
Horn hunter G-2 daypack gets my vote times 2...   :)
JHB

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2009, 05:34:00 PM »
I really like my TimberHawk pack. Rut sack model. alot of options for a fair price.
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2009, 05:43:00 PM »
Originally posted by excelpoint:
I also have a Badlands monster fanny
I used to date a girl like that.

For a pack, I just use a cheap cotton thing I picked up in an Army surplus store.  It's quiet, roomy and cheap.

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2009, 10:05:00 PM »
Mat , have you tried Terry Allen , local bloke out in Moorabin . makes a great all wool pack . makes a lot of gear for the local deerstalkers .
Ben
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline excelpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2009, 10:51:00 PM »
Some great packs there. Now just goto pick the right one.
Fred Bear

Offline excelpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 10:52:00 PM »
Originally posted by bmlongshot73:
Mat , have you tried Terry Allen , local bloke out in Moorabin . makes a great all wool pack . makes a lot of gear for the local deerstalkers .
Ben
Havnt had a look at his yet Ben but will look into them.Thanks mate.
Fred Bear

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 11:30:00 PM »
Stick with Badlands and switch out to the Superday.  The wife has one and loves it. I hunt with the Diablo bu at 6'4" tall I find it to be a perfect fit.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2009, 12:31:00 AM »
Talk to Whip at prairietrad.com he was very helpful in my quest for the ideal pack.

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 07:37:00 AM »
Mate I'm currently desiging a new pack that is quiet and based on this model...

http://www.platatac.com/www/182/1001127/displayproduct/plat-a-tac-spur-tropical-pack--1001679_short-range--1023950_.html

It'll be not in camo, quiet and based on a small ALICE with an internal frame. I'm talking to people in the 'know' as we speak so stay tuned. But in saying all this... you'd want one before next year some time...lol

ak.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2009, 07:39:00 AM »
Here is a pic of mine in Colorado 1/2 full...

ak.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline excelpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2009, 01:06:00 PM »
That looks good Al. Id be intersted in the developments of your pack. Sounds promising.
Fred Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©