3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fredrick bows who makes them  (Read 269 times)

Offline huey

• Trad Bowhunter
Fredrick bows who makes them
« on: November 02, 2009, 05:25:00 AM »
Who makes or sales Fredrick longbows, I got no hits on the web. So if anyone knows about these bows, iformation wood be greatly apreciated.

Offline Blacky

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fredrick bows who makes them
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 05:42:00 AM »
Frederick bows were made by Fritz Jonk (sp?) a few years ago. As far as I know, he quit making bows quite a while ago, due to health problems.

I shot them at the Kalamazoo show long time ago and they were nice bows.

c ya
Blacky
Shoot straight and keep'em sharp

Blacky

Offline huey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 06:14:00 AM »
Thanks for the info Blacky!

Offline ballen28115

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 10:32:00 AM »
I'll ping Steelhead, he's the go to guy I know for Freddies.  The models were named Baron, Squire, Regent, there may be more.  Trapped limbs, fast quiet, dead in the hand and I do mean dead.  I think Fritz used an automotive clear coat on his bows, really hard and glossy and would occasionally crack across the limb.  I have a 62" Baron, about 55".  This is one of those bows that you say to yourself "I don't think I'll trade or sell this one off".

Offline StickBowManMI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 02:37:00 PM »
I have a 56" inch Yeoman and it shoots great and looks fantastic. Nice Bows for sure!

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 03:32:00 PM »
They are not made or sold anymore.Been about 8 years since Fritz retired from bowmaking.I believe he moved from Iowa where he built the bows?Its too bad he stopped really.

Like Ballen said he made the Squire a basic model,,the Baron that was dressed up nicely and the Regent that was his classiest model with diamond inlays in the limbs.These all were made on the same form and were his mild R and D bow with a D shape strung.

The Yoeman mentioned by stickbowman was his short longbow with a forward set grip like shrews.It still had a more mild limb design.Not as reflexed as some of the bows being made now with a forward grip.Nice little bow!

Made a few 3 piece recurves and a kids bow.

He made one or two 50s style recurves just before he retired that were just phenominal IMO.The riser on those is just like the traditional longbow with the same sweet grip wrapped in leather.Its the slimest, sleekest recurve ever made and shoots just beautifully.I got one of those and its one that would be about impossible to part with.

He was a topnotch craftsman.His bows are of Hierloom quality.

Offline huey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 08:56:00 PM »
I aquired a squire on the classified. Nice shooting and looking bow. Was wandering about the origin and year it was made. The bow has a number and hand crafted for Tom Alderman on it. Is there a way to track the the bow? Big question I know, but I tried the net with no luck. You guy's are a wealth of information. Thanks again for your knowledge and time.

Offline ahandle70

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 08:26:00 PM »
I believe his last name is Junck and he built bows just outside of Smithland, IA.  I know him as Fritz and I was at his shop once about 10 years ago.  His bows are top notch and he was a very good guy.  I am not sure where he lives now.

Offline Danny J

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »
From what I have been told the name Fredrick came from Fritz's middle name. Fritz Fredrick Junck. And I am also not sure of the correct spelling of his last name. He was from Hornick Iowa a little town about 30 miles south east of Sioux City Iowa where I am from. I am not sure of where he is at now.  He did used to have adds in Traditional Bowhunter back in the 90's.
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM.

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

Offline todd secker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 09:25:00 PM »
Last name was spelled Johnk.  He is a great guy and was one heck of a longbow maker.  That's the one I wish I had back.
really Honey, I make my own to save us money......

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©