3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Connie Renfro needs your help!  (Read 8167 times)

Offline Jesse Minish

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Connie Renfro needs your help!
« Reply #340 on: December 03, 2009, 08:40:00 PM »
Originally posted by Yellow Dog:
Has Connie ever posted and contributed her input on this site?
I'm not sure but she has contributed to the traditional community in TBM.

Offline donnyjack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #341 on: December 03, 2009, 09:24:00 PM »
She got my vote.  
she's running in second place right now.  Lets keep the votes coming in>

DJ
Love Life, Bowhunt, Flyfish, and Play a Martin Guitar                        :thumbsup:

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #342 on: December 03, 2009, 10:57:00 PM »
Yellow Dog...

Have you read page 16 and 18 of this thread?  There are comments from Connie there.  She doesn't "do" forums per se, but she sure has contributed quite a bit thru her magazine articles and speaking engagements at many local, state, and national events.

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #343 on: December 03, 2009, 11:29:00 PM »
So have we resorted to voting multiple times to give her an advantage?  That is not what should be going on.  Fairness should be at the forefront on this forum.

Offline Jesse Minish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #344 on: December 03, 2009, 11:41:00 PM »
Originally posted by George D. Stout:
So have we resorted to voting multiple times to give her an advantage?  That is not what should be going on.  Fairness should be at the forefront on this forum.
I voted multiple times from different computers for my family members who wanted to vote for her but couldn't vote from my computer because I did already. I think that is fair.

Offline homerdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #345 on: December 03, 2009, 11:50:00 PM »
the whole deal is not very fair when you see how the #1 contender has pimped herself on nearly every forum out there... whether or she has ever been a contributor there or not.
pretty shameless imho.
maybe everybody should vote "early and often" for miss #1, and call lots of attention to themselves   :eek:
whoops... i   never said that  .... it would be against the "rules"   :readit:    :D
tell me how close you got, not how far you shot

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #346 on: December 03, 2009, 11:58:00 PM »
George--you--actually everyone--should go back and read page 16 and 18.

Then, every one of the 20some thousand members here should take the ten seconds it takes to make two clicks on the computer to vote for the lady that hunts the right way, on her own with traditional equiptment.

I cannot for the life of me understand why this is so much trouble   :banghead:  

What does it hurt to take 10 seconds to do something nice for someone who has contributed a TON to the education and entertainment of just about every single person here wheter it was done here on this board or thru TBM or a bowhunter banquet , festival, or show.

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #347 on: December 04, 2009, 12:05:00 AM »
Steve O, what are you talking about?  I'm asking about voting multiple times.  That doesn't bother you?  My guess is, each and every one of those hunters/huntresses, are very respectable folk who contribute much as well.  I'm talking fairness....not casting a vote.  I already voted....once, and I won't cheat to help someone else lose unfairly.  Do as you wish.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #348 on: December 04, 2009, 12:20:00 AM »
George,

I posted info from Connie on PAGES 16 and 18.

Please go read PAGES 16 and 18 of this thread.  

I don't want anybody cheating, Connie doesn't want anyone cheating!  And it says so on page 18.

I'd like to see Connie, who I feel has been a fantastic representative of traditional archery, win this contest and she could if guys would take the 10 seconds to vote for HER and pass it along to thier friends and family.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #349 on: December 04, 2009, 12:23:00 AM »
George, you should go to the site and read the bios of all the contestants.

Offline broken bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #350 on: December 04, 2009, 02:11:00 AM »
Hi, my name is Lee Francis, I am Rebecca Francis's husband who is a competitor in this contest.  I have been watching this site for months because I love the info on how to build bows, strings, etc...I built my first bow when I was 13, and I have built several since.  I have been an avid archer all my life.  My favorite bow is a sinew backed flat osage self bow.  
I haven't wanted to enter into this discussion, but I feel I need to make a couple of comments.  First, the heading of this forum it says:
"Tradgang.com has a zero tolerance for disrespect directed to anyone. If you want to disagree, then please do so in an adult manner".
I don't feel it is necessary to run down one contestant just because you prefer another one.  (Elkherder and HomerDave) My wife does not pimp herself!!!  
Disparaging remarks, especially if they are untrue, do not make your preferred competitor look better, but make you look small.  I really believe that if my wife were not in this contest, Connie would be mine and my wife's first choice, as we have had a lifelong interest in traditional archery also.  Both me and my wife think Connie is awesome and has collected magnificent animals that anyone would be proud to have.  She is obviously a great hunter.  My wife and I would love to meet her!  But I don't believe that Connie is the type of person that would encourage or condone this type of behavior.  My wife has never spoken an unkind word about any of the other contestants.  In fact, when asked, she has always made very positive comments about them.  
For your information she has been a traditional archer for the past 15 years ever since I built her an antler tipped recurve bow.  She has also taken trophies with her recurve.  But not yet her long bow, but we hope to remedy next week in Texas.  
Rebecca has also contributed countless hours in our community with conservation groups and womens and childrens groups, instructing them in archery.  
 I want to commend those in this forum that have integrity and honesty (George D. Stout and others) who vote for the person they choose because they think that person is best.  You don't have to run others down.  
The point of this contest obviously is to bring in exposure for Tahoe films.  The only way these girls can get their votes is to let everyone know who they are and what they are about.  Hopefully this can be done by building up your contestant of choice rather than degrading others.  
Lee Francis

Offline broken bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #351 on: December 04, 2009, 02:15:00 AM »
Also, everyone of these contestants are awesome people that have incredible traits and have incredible stories.  I wish we had the opportunity to get to know each of them better.  These are not the run of the mil hunters....they are all extreme huntresses.  Wouldn't it be amazing to get them all together?  We wish in the contest the best of luck, and hope friendships are built when this is over.

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #352 on: December 04, 2009, 03:39:00 AM »
sorry bro but show me the post i made saying anyone was pimping themselves
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #353 on: December 04, 2009, 03:54:00 AM »
just went through entire thread and not once did i type disparaging remarks about anyone in any fashion.i am not the type of guy to talk bad about people i have never met.may the best woman win.but i will stand up for myself when i feel i've been falsly accused of anything.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #354 on: December 04, 2009, 04:23:00 AM »
So it has come down to name calling, that's to bad. Maybe in all fairness this post should be pulled, just my thoughts.

Offline Greg Szalewski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #355 on: December 04, 2009, 09:23:00 AM »
Hey, the Francis's are trad folks. Welcome to the Gang. Lee, i would love to see some pics of your bows. I'm getting that itch to make another and can use just a touch more inspiration. Good luck on the Texas hunt, please share pics.
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest Bowmen
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline broken bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #356 on: December 04, 2009, 10:40:00 AM »
Hey elkherder, I'm sorry, you are absolutely right!  Your name should not have been included in this.  Where the misunderstanding on my part took place is from this post on stickbow:

"Elkherder- as a matter of fact, I was just reading on another forum and there is one woman who admittedly is posting to every hunting forum she can, and soliciting for votes by posting pictures of herself (including one of herself in a bikini) and promising to come hunt with many of the men on that forum. Sadly, she seems to have taken the lead by doing so. Connie is as real as they come and I hate to see her lose to somebody who has resorted to such dirty tactics. I guess it doesn't really matter who the real "huntress" is, but rather who can garner the most hits for their website.
Sorry for the vent, but I really really want to see Connie get the recognition she deserves.

-Cheryl"

This was addressed to you, not written by you.

I am very sorry, I can admit when I was wrong.
It's great that are gung ho for your the contestant of your choice.

Offline broken bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #357 on: December 04, 2009, 10:45:00 AM »
Hey also want you all to know that we think that 99% of the people in trad archery are amazing people.  We would never participate in name calling.  Let's look at the big picture guys...we are all for the very same thing.  Let's make this contest a fun experience for these women who so rightly deserve the recognition.

I will send some pics of my bow because I am having a problem with the sinew backing on my bow.  I would really like to use tradgang as a resource.  I feel that all the really knowledgeable bowyers are members of this site.

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #358 on: December 04, 2009, 01:06:00 PM »
its ok broken bow,we all make mistakes brother.no harm here.i've never even read that message wheres it at on stickbow?
                larry

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #359 on: December 04, 2009, 03:06:00 PM »
In the interest of equal time, here is a link to Mrs. Francis' page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rebecca-Francis/168059914591

I still think Connie would be a better representative.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©