3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Elk Kills with Simmons BH's?  (Read 443 times)

Offline Bob L.

• Trad Bowhunter
Elk Kills with Simmons BH's?
« on: November 03, 2009, 01:50:00 PM »
Just wondering if anyones killed an elk with Simmons Bh's. I have a late season Cow tag coming up and was thinking about trying my Interceptors. I know they have killed a ton of deer and hogs but I'm talking about the bigger bodied Wapiti. Any Comments or pictures would be great.
Thanks

Offline elknut1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Elk Kills with Simmons BH's?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 05:10:00 PM »
Bob, I haven't personally used that head but did take a good look at it & can safely say it will take care of business as long as you hitem where they live & your arrow is tuned reasonably well to your bow. If you're taking deer & hogs with your present setup it will handle an elk! Good Luck!

ElkNut1

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 05:18:00 PM »
Jerry Simmons is a hunting buddy of mine and I know that he's taken bulls with the 190 grain Interceptor . . . as well as several other Alabamians that elk hunted with him several years ago. I've taken hogs, about 50 deer, and 8 bears with the 190 Interceptor.  They're MEAN heads,
Gary Logsdon

Offline Bob L.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 08:42:00 PM »
TTT

Offline Bob L.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 03:40:00 PM »
ttt

Offline Interseptor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 10:11:00 PM »
Not long ago I was searching for the old episodes of the Ken Tucker's Sportsmen Showcase.  This show was out of Bama and there was an episode where they went bowhunting for elk with Jerry Simmons and a group of his friends out west.  Wish I could find that episode.  And everybody in the group was shooting simmons heads.
Palmetto Traditional Bowhunters
Carolina Traditional Archers

Offline Greyfox54

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 10:23:00 PM »
Hey Bob I have taken a lot of critters with those Interceptors . I like the glue-on models better because of the extra metal in the furrel . I sometimes shoot carbons and just glue in an insert . Biggest animal I've taken was an old Eland Bull probably about 1500+ lbs. Dries Visser videoed the shot . He went 40 yards and fell over got back up and ran another 40 yards and died . was over in under a minute . They are my broadhead of choice for anything short of Buffalo , plenty for Elk . Best of luck on your hunt , Fred
Greyfox54

Offline Bob L.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 12:28:00 AM »
Thanks for your posts, Fred, I have 160-175 grain Glue ons that Im gonna put on steel adapters. Im shooting 51 @ 32" with a 625 grain finished arrow that includes 250 on the front, hopefully that'll work.
Thanks
Bob

Offline Greyfox54

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 04:57:00 AM »
Second thought they probably won't work so you can sell them to me , just kidding , they are perfect for the job , good luck and can't wait for the story , Fred
Greyfox54

Offline Bob L.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 12:30:00 AM »
ttt

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©