3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Great whitetail hunt in the Michigan public lands,,Many pics,,Lots of RED PICS  (Read 1258 times)

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Well I set up in my funnel I have been hunting and didn't see anything till sunset,, then I hear something behind me,, I look and its something like a four point or something,,Not sure,, I grunt him in with my voice becasue I left the grunt tube at home  ,, He walks up right down wind of me and stnads there raising his head sniffin the air and I'm freaking out. He makes his way off going south without even knowing I was there,, I thought WHEW!! I got lucky there.  . About ten minutes later I see a deer comming from the north, its a spike and a fat one too.I meeuww bleat the best I can and he walks behind me right down wind at 20 yrds,, now I can't see him because he starting to come around on my left side so I'm just frozen waiting for him to come out right under me. But he doesn't He turns south and starts twords the beding area where the other buck went. I give him two doe grunts with my throat and a deep short burp and he turns and runs in and stands right under me. The heart starts pumpin,, the fingers tightens on the string,, my left hand grips my bow several time,, I have a spot laser beamed into his opossite shoulder
TGMM

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
But he is standing behind a tree,, Then he turns right twords me and I'm only about 15 feet up and frozen  like the tree I'm in hopeing he doesn't look up at me. Then he turns and steps out Slightly 1/4 away and stops and now I can tell he knows something is up and his body grows stiff. I still have a spot picked,, I draw really slow,, anchor,, pause,, release, the arrow finds my spot and the fletching disapears into his chest cavity.

TGMM

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
The buck whirls around leaving the arrow right there,, He dashes out about 30 yrds or so, Stands there for just a few seconds and then I see his rear end drop and I know he's going down right there. He turns and tries to make it back to me colapsing short now he's only 20 yrds away and I watch him expire right there. There is a alot of emotion running through me now,, My grandfather passed sunday so I'm back home from Auburn hills MI where I was working for the week. So this one is for grandpa,, He always had a love and passion for deer hunting and admired that I did it with a bow and arrow. Unfortunately I never did get to hunt with him, His ailing health for the last ten years or so kept him from doing so.  I get down find my arrow and check the wonderfull deer out and leave my bow there and scream home to get the kids for some blood tracking..

Matt is sleeping but Hannah is still up so its me and her tonight. Now we have to walk right by this deer so I'm hoping she doesn't see him before we track him all the way. We pick up the trail,,Its light at first. These pictures are in order of the trailing job.

But it opens up really fast.

TGMM

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
Alright Alright! Sounds good so far.   :thumbsup:    :clapper:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
He stops and turns back tword me right here

The blood taper off,,

55# pitsley predator,, Goldtip 55/75, 100 grain brass/125 grain 4blade magnus stinger, Same funnel week in a half ago i misse a 115" eight point and 30 min. after that I missed a really wide four pointer,, I was feeling really down to say the least. This buck was standing in the same spot those two bucks were. I just kept my spot focused and made the shot.
TGMM

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Hannah Wanted her own hero pic since she tracked him down with dad,,LOL,,

TGMM

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
:thumbsup:     :thumbsup:

Online HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
GREAT STUFF !!!!
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
Sure are a lot of red pixels in this thread. Good job.
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline Shleprock

• Trad Bowhunter
C'mon. Let's see it.
Kota5-----                                    "The arrow has always been a keen thought and the bow always an expresion of hope. By these means freed thoughts fly." Dean Torges

Offline Shleprock

• Trad Bowhunter
Little late on the post. Great job!  :thumbsup:
Kota5-----                                    "The arrow has always been a keen thought and the bow always an expresion of hope. By these means freed thoughts fly." Dean Torges

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Great story, conrats on a fine deer. What was your hunting set up--bow, broadhead etc.
Kevin Osworth
->>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I'm quick man,, No waiting,, I just post like crazy so you all don't have to do this,,  :banghead:    :banghead:    :banghead:    :banghead:    :banghead:    :banghead:    :banghead:    Becasue I hate waiting,, LOL,,JB
TGMM

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
awesome!  You could have made the tracking job a little Harder though and gave Hannah a challenge.  Great shot way to involve the Kids.  Good stuff
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
55# pitsley predator,, Goldtip 55/75, 100 grain brass/125 grain 4blade magnus stinger, Same funnel week in a half ago i misse a 115" eight point and 30 min. after that I missed a really wide four pointer,, I was feeling really down to say the least. This busk was standing in the same spot those two bucks were. I just kept my spot focused and made the shot.
TGMM

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
Congrats!!!

the 2nd "hero" pic is absolutely priceless!!!!
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
Congratulations....

Jason, way to go...

:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline redant 60/65

• Trad Bowhunter
Way to go!! very cool  :thumbsup:
Larry