3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Screwed up BAAAADDDD (pics added)  (Read 1087 times)

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Screwed up BAAAADDDD (pics added)
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2009, 02:50:00 PM »
Dave, What draw weight do You need. With the rut getting ready to go full bore You can't be sitting around wishing You were in the woods.

I've got a couple of different longbows or recurves I can loan You. All in the mid 50's or so at 28" and 60-62" lengths.

P.M. Me or give Me a call 913-909-4815 I can have a bow in your hands tonight!!!

Offline L. E. Carroll

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2009, 03:17:00 PM »
Dave sent you a PM for a "loaner" RF/DF LB.. if it would fit your needs.   :wavey:
Tall Tines R/C
64 Kodiak
69 Super Kodiak Big River replica
56" 55$# Static Tipped Kwyk Styk
Blacktail Elite
54 dual shelf Compass Kodiak

PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of WA.

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2009, 03:54:00 PM »
I would keep your fingers crossed about your lost bow and keep hunting with another one.
Archery seasons are too short to sit one out.
Good luck.

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2009, 04:00:00 PM »
Sorry to hear it, Dave, and I hope things turn-out.
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline bctgrad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2009, 05:24:00 PM »
Hey Dave, what area were you hunting?  I hunt a few of the public spots around KC (mostly on the east end).  If it's one where I hang out, I'll keep my eye out and ask others that I run into.  

You might post an add on Craigslist, maybe the guy who found it is looking for you.  

I also have a some extra bows that are just laying around that you could use if one fits, let me know and I'll gladly hook you up with one.

Brian

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2009, 06:27:00 PM »
Brian,

I was hunting at Platte Falls CA and was parked in the north parking lot about 1/4 mile south of the Sharps Station rd and Settles Station rd.

I have placed a lost and found add on Craig's list.  Still need to do the local newspapers.  Also filed a report with the Platte County Sheriff's department just to document the loss.
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2009, 06:46:00 PM »
Dave we've all done the same thing. I know just this past week I've had to drive back to get my ghuille suit and another trip to look for my rack pack.
I am so sorry that this happened to you. You ought to quit kicking yourself . I know that's what you're doing cause that's what I do when I do something absentmindedly that comes back to bite me.
I pray it will turn up for you.
I also know it'll be hard for you to relax and just hunt for the fretting but I also think that good hunting can ease it some.
God bless,Mudd

PS I was hoping that by the time I got to the last post I would have read the situation was happily resolved.
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Brook Trout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2009, 07:08:00 PM »
Dave,
I really hope you find it.  I did the same thing with my bow earlier this year, except I set it on my roof and the car behind me ran it over.  I was mad at myself for a week. Getting back in the woods will definitely help.

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2009, 07:29:00 PM »
Well Mudd, thanks for the prayers.....

THEY WORKED!!!!!   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

About 5:00 I was putting it on Craigs list and then had to wait a bit for it to "show up".  I went and made a cup of coffee and about 5:30 I was refreshing Craigs list to see if my post was there and the phone rang.  A fella from Platte City said his son found a bow with my name on it last night...!!!!!

About 25 minutes later I was at the Platte City McDonalds and had my bow in my hands!

Of course, as luck would have it, it's been driven over.  Probably by me when I was backing out.  Got some pretty nasty white marks in the upper limb that may or may not be in the glass.  One deep ding in the wood on the side of the upper limb and a splinter in the edge of the glass of the bottom limb that is sharp.  Guess I'll have to sand her down and see what I find.  I'll probably start a new post about "saving my bow" or something like that.

I've pulled it and it pulled ok but I don't want to shoot it until I get the splinter glued back down.  Any suggestions?
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline penrosefred

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2009, 07:31:00 PM »
Dave, we all do it some time or another, But you really should keep hunting. Sure hope you find it.
I have been blessed, beyond measure.

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2009, 07:38:00 PM »
Oh yea, the guy who found it?  Doesn't even hunt.  He was just out driving around on the back roads and drove in the dead end road that goes on to the conservation area and was turning around in the lot when he saw it.
Dave

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2009, 07:41:00 PM »
Glad You found it Dave. My offer still stands if You need a bow.

bretto

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »
Dave,

Really glad you found your bow, really against all odds!  Sorry to hear it is damaged, but maybe, just maybe, you'll beat the odds on that part of the story, too!

Best wishes,

Daryl
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2009, 07:58:00 PM »
That is great news Dave!  She can most likely be made as good as new.
I'm taking over the Bow Hospital business from Jim Belcher/Sky Archery next month.  Tell you what, if you're interested send it on up and I'll take it with me when I go over to see Jim in December.  If the bow can be fixed I'll take care of it for you.  No charge.  
That bow has good karma - maybe I can rub some of it off on myself while I work on it!  Just let me know.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline TNstickn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2009, 08:00:00 PM »
:archer:
Pick a spot.>>>>-------> Shoot straight.

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2009, 10:08:00 PM »
Dude, that is a bummer! I got to yakking after a 3D shoot one Sunday afternoon, then jumped in my truck, and headed home. When I got there I realized I had left my bow hanging in the tree by the registration table. I made a few calls and finally made contact with a person at the club that knew who had it. I was lucky enough to get it back but the feling was a bad one when I realized what I had done.

Good luck with this. I hope you get it back.

Bisch

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2009, 10:13:00 PM »
Whoops! I did not read far enough when I added my last post.
Congrtas on getting her back and I hope all ends up well with the repairs.

Bisch

Offline trad_admirer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2009, 10:24:00 PM »
Glad you got your bow back Dave.  Thank goodness for honest people.

Offline Broken Arrow 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2009, 11:45:00 PM »
If it is not fixable I have a bow that will be mailed to me soon Send me your addy and I will have him send it to you. When your done with it just mail it to me.It is a Shilo charriot 45@28
                         Jimmy
Its not the size of the animal you hunt that matters. Its how you hunt the animal.

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2009, 12:11:00 AM »
Sorry to here your story. Last year I did the same thing. It dawned on me after a 3 1/2 hour drive. Have faith you may get lucky. Mine was returned, a small note was left with a number. If you need my martin long bow and shafts it's yours just pm me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©