3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting Packs  (Read 290 times)

Offline High Plains bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Hunting Packs
« on: November 04, 2009, 05:53:00 PM »
How many of you all use a day pack vs. a load hauler? I have been looking at a few from Mystery Ranch, do any of you all have any experience with their packs? I have been looking at these two: The Big Horn and The Nice Crewcab. I have been considering the Crewcab because it looks like it would make a good day pack and works very well as a load hauler. What does everybody think?  Here is their website:  

http://www.mysteryranch.com/site/index.html

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunting Packs
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 05:56:00 PM »
They are quality packs but you might want to consider the weight. I think they are pretty hefty. At least the crewcab from my memory.

Offline Day Dreamer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 06:42:00 PM »
Check out outdoorlife.com, Mark Seacat goes on some backcountry hunts and he's a Mystery Ranch employee. He uses the crew cab alot.

Offline frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 07:04:00 PM »
Not sure about those in particular, but whip here (prarie traditions*) has a lot of great packs, different kinds as well! Joe is a great fella to deal with
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 07:21:00 PM »
I purchased an Eberlestock X2 this year. Haven't used it as a meat hauler yet. But it is a well built pack that does great as a daypack. It does have a hauler shelf that folds down. I figure it will work fine for the first load out. Then I'll grab my frame pack to do the rest.

It's a tough pack and only weighs 4.5lbs. I can get enough gear in it to do a 3 day bivy hunt in it too.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 08:27:00 PM »
Since I am a former Marine I stand by military surplus gear.A good alice pack can handle a lot of weight and still feel comfortable and the three outside pockets are great for quick access of the small stuff.You defiantly need the frame for the pack and you can;t beat the price
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 08:53:00 PM »
High plains, those mystery ranch packs have an awesome price tag but man do they have a sweet design. I'd like to see one of those babies in person.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 09:02:00 PM »
The Crew Cab is the most versatile pack you will find.  It can carry any type load of any weight.  I would pick the CC over any of the "traditional" pack by Mystery Ranch if you plan on hauling meat as a primary use.

People complain about the price and weight of the MR packs, and it is obvious to me they've never owned one or carried a load.  I owned quite a few other pack and hauled some pretty good loads and I wish I would have started out with a MR.  To compare a Eberlestock or Badlands to them is like comparing a Suburban to a KIA, and yes, I've owned both.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©