3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: sr swift recurve  (Read 600 times)

Offline jerseyboy

• Trad Bowhunter
sr swift recurve
« on: November 05, 2009, 06:41:00 PM »
Are any of you guys familiar with the sr swift recurve and its performance. I have been told over and over black widow is the way to go and was wondering about how these bows compare. I will be using it for hunting in the 50-55 lb range and 28" draw
And in the end when i can no longer draw the bow or watch the arrow embark on its flight;when i posses only the spirit of the hunter, i will hunt.... if only in my dreams... because the hunt is born amidst my soul, and i... i am the hunter

Offline BCWV

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: sr swift recurve
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 06:56:00 PM »
jersey
 I don't know how they compare to a widow as I've only shot widow longbows but I have 2 SR Swifts and I love mine. Both,a 45 & 55# will shoot 170+ fps with arrow weight at 11+ grains per pound draw weight.
 The grips fit me about perfect and so far I shoot these bow better than any I've tried. Of course, what works for me may not work for another.
 I guess if we all liked the same thing we would all be married to my wife......

Offline jerseyboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 07:09:00 PM »
Very well said
And in the end when i can no longer draw the bow or watch the arrow embark on its flight;when i posses only the spirit of the hunter, i will hunt.... if only in my dreams... because the hunt is born amidst my soul, and i... i am the hunter

Offline frank bullitt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 08:08:00 PM »
Both are good bows with good people behind them! The big choice is yours to make. Have fun choosing, and if possible try shooting, first.

Offline BlurryBuffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 09:31:00 PM »
I have shot a SR swift and it was like butter i loved the bow and planing on getting one at some point. but i have not shot a black widow of anykind so cant help there.

Offline jerseyboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 10:24:00 PM »
thanks for the input. The reason i ask this question is on another thread all anyone could say about a black widow was that they have good resale value. Which is the last reason i would buy a bow. a few did say that they were not as fast as others or as quiet

Offline jerseyboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 10:27:00 PM »
I have been shooting for about 38 years now and i believe its very important that the bow behave as an extension of me when shooting, so the resale value might work for some but i dont think its of any value to me. If its as good as they say i would never sell it anyway

Offline L. E. Carroll

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 01:19:00 AM »
Let me put it simply... I have had 3 MA Widows [both hand crafted and percision crafted]2 widow TF's and a PTF along with a PL longbow... now your probably making the asumption I like widows     :knothead:   not necessarly [sp?] they are all gone now, from my collection of bows.  However, the SR Swift  Blackhawk, which happens to be a personal bow of Bill Foremans that he hunted with for 2 years, is still in my rack and preforming like the day it was built    :wavey:
Tall Tines R/C
64 Kodiak
69 Super Kodiak Big River replica
56" 55$# Static Tipped Kwyk Styk
Blacktail Elite
54 dual shelf Compass Kodiak

PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of WA.

Offline jerseyboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 05:25:00 AM »
ok that settles it im gettin the swift. It seems to be the consencus from those i have talked to. A bow needs to attract me with its looks before we can go any farther so sorry BW its the rio bravo for me shes way pretty!!

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 05:52:00 AM »
I love the Swift! Great Plains are great bows. There are a couple of beauties floating around the classifieds right now.
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 02:31:00 AM »
I am looking for a SR Swift myself. Wish I could find one for sale. I especially love the Rio Bravo and the Blackhawk. Also, I think the B Take Downs are great, just can find one to buy.
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 10:20:00 AM »
horatio1226 has my old SR Swift. We traded a few months ago. That was a good trade but I kinda miss that bow.It was 48# @ 28" and shot my 725 gr arrows like darts. They are great bows that perform with the best out there!!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Onehair

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 12:50:00 PM »
I have had both and still have the Widows. However the SR was a shooting machine. I Bought it new as I had made a trend to shorter bows. In that regard it is a great bow. However I discovered that I personally was not as consistent with the short bows and moved away from the SR and a couple of Shrews that I had to have. They are both excellent choices depending on your style.

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2009, 04:50:00 PM »
3Rivers carries their line and Mr. Foreman has a great reputation for making an awesome bow.  I too have pinning for a SR Swift for quite some time.  

IMHO, I Don't think you could go wrong with one of these bows.
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2009, 04:53:00 PM »
Nothing wrong with the Swifts. I have had the td rio bravo and now have the Anniversary one piece swift. They are fine bows!

Offline Pinelander

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2009, 07:41:00 PM »
The SR Swift is cut more past center than the Widows. I had a 56" model and it was one of the smoothest pulling shorty recurves I've ever owned. I liked the grip better than the Widow grips. Don't know about performance compared to Widow, but it was above average in the speed department.

Offline Michl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2009, 08:05:00 PM »
I like the grip of the swift more than the widow grips(standard and asbell) because of my smal hands and the sr swift is not that noisy. The widow feels smother and is a litle bit faster at the crono.
Border CH 64" 42@28
Black Widow PSAV 58" 50@27
Rainy Day RC 62" 40@28

Offline Pepper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2009, 04:06:00 PM »
I have a SR Swift recurve, and have for a couple of years.
The workmanship, and finish on these bows are second to none.  I can' imagine a finer shooting bow.
A few of my friends have purchsed Swifts after they shot mine.
Bill Foreman is first class, and will work with you in any way necessary to make your purchase and shooting experience a pleasure.
I won't hesitate to recommend both bow and bowyer.
Archery is a family sport, enjoy it with your family.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2009, 04:46:00 PM »
I shot one at Sig's.I was VERY impressed! Fast,quiet,great workmanship. The riser is very user friendly too. I even thought about getting one at one time. Just like my Longbows better.

Offline Danny J

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2009, 07:43:00 PM »
I love my longbows too. But my SR Swift wont be going anywhere.

Phenolic/Osage/Cocobolo Riser with Bamboo Limbs
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM.

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©