3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Tall tines bow  (Read 624 times)

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
New Tall tines bow
« on: November 05, 2009, 08:32:00 PM »

Just wanted to let you all know that I finally got my tall tines bow from Brian this week. I had ordered one from him a few months ago but had a minor issue with the limb construction. Brian fixed me up and after shooting the bow, all I can say is, wow!
I am a schafer man but this bow is just as good or better. The grip is perfect, the draw is smoother than any besides schafer, it is the quietest bow I have ever shot and it is blazing fast, besides being beautifull. I haven't been out in the woods yet but I hope to get out soon and see how it does on game.
Thanks Brian for such a great bow.
Pictures to follow.

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Tall tines bow
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 09:05:00 PM »
UH OH......every day the cats slips a little further out of the bag.

Anyone sitting on the fence considering buying one of Brian's bows had better make a decision and get on the list soon, or It's going to be a long, long wait.

Lets see some pics of it Michael, then we can argue about who's bow is the purdiest  (:

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 09:18:00 PM »
Thanks for the report. I'm expecting mine soon. I also have a Silvertip and judge all others by it. Good to hear that Brian's bow is stacking up as well or better.

T.J.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 10:00:00 PM »
TJ, you are too funny...Micheal has one to judge it by, Billy has a bunch to judge it by, I have a couple to judge it by,  Brian  has a couple to judge it by...I'm just guessing you will come to the same conclusion we did   :D  

I heard your arrowhead inlay is lookin' pretty fine   ;)

Offline BlackDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 10:25:00 PM »
Been lookin at these myself. Had to sell my Silvertip to fund some other things, was going to order another, but eyeing these bows as well.

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 11:01:00 PM »
Lets see some pic's....they are shooters for sure...I'm liking mine more everyday.

tj....still waitin to see that arrow head inlay...
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline LoweBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 06:57:00 AM »
I'm so anxious for TJ to get his bow so I can get my grubby little fingers on it!  Can't wait!
Backwater Bowfishing Pro Staff.
MossyOak Pro Staff.
They can have my bow when it's pried from my cold dead fingers.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 10:33:00 AM »
Terry, Brian has it inlayed I'll get picts up soon he says it turned out really nice.

Mike, I'm afraid to let you shoot this one. If you were to like it and buy one your wife would never cook for me again.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 10:45:00 AM »
Originally posted by Steve O:
TJ, you are too funny...Micheal has one to judge it by, Billy has a bunch to judge it by, I have a couple to judge it by,  Brian  has a couple to judge it by...I'm just guessing you will come to the same conclusion we did     :D    

I heard your arrowhead inlay is lookin' pretty fine     ;)  
Steve, everyone's like's and setups are different. I agree its probably a real good chance other tip owners like their Talltines that I will to, but without ever laying a hand on one you never know for sure. I've had other top end bows that lots of folks have raved about and I didn't care for them at all.
www.zipperbows.com

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 01:21:00 PM »
Not To hijack this thread or to demean any one elses Bows. However i am interested in finding out what method people are using to compare the TallTine to other recurves, the 'Tip in particular. I have owned and shot many "fast " bows and my litmus test is shooting at our 3 D range at the full size Moose target . This target is 57yds from the shooting peg,and at about 12yds before the Moose there stands a big Spruce tree with low hanging branches in front of the moose. My Silvertips are the only traditional bows that will hit the moose vials by the arrow going just under the branches! All the other bows ( except Cam bows) either hit the branches or shoot under the branches and under the Moose.Again this is not to pick on the "talltine", but all the hype about better and faster is finally getting to me.If you really want to wring a bow out try shooting at 50-80 yds.Please no offence ment to any one!

Offline pete p

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 02:28:00 PM »
what kind of woods? lets see some pics!

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 08:53:00 PM »
Sergio,

I used a chronograph.

I still love my Silvertips and would never say a bad thing about them.  When you come thru to visit James I'll bring over my TallTines for you to try out.

Offline DEATHMASTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 10:42:00 PM »
Looking at the riser on the Tall Tines it looks a lot like the Schafer riser.
What sets it apart from the Schafer.
Looks to be a very nice bow. Would love to try one and compare to a Schafer.

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 11:03:00 PM »
I suppose it's allowed to look like a Schafer, as really there are that many bows out there that sooner or later there are going to be similarities. They can't all be vastly different to each other. Plus, Paul had a heck of a good design that works very well, so it stands to reason that other bowyers could draw inspiration from it - I know I sure would if I could make anything beyond a cup of tea!

As always, I'm allergic to saying that bow x is better in any way than bow y, as from browsing magazines and forums, all bows have their admirers and defenders, and all bows are utilised and loved by very capable hunters. They all seem to work very well indeed on game.
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2009, 08:31:00 AM »
Well said Ben.
www.zipperbows.com

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2009, 08:43:00 AM »
I agree with Ben, I don't think one should say that one bow is better than the other, some just fit better. I just recieved a new silvertip a couple weeks ago and it's a very sweet shooting and feeling bow, but I'm not going to say that there is not one out there that will fit better, or be faster, but I don't reckon I'll be looking for a good while. I would have to look long and hard to find one that FIT's me any better!! Jason

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2009, 03:04:00 PM »
TJ....are you going to post the pic's on your bow thread...don't want to miss it.
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 07:01:00 PM »
Sure will as soon as it arrives.
www.zipperbows.com

Offline talltines

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2009, 09:43:00 PM »
Guys, I don't know if this is my place to jump in or not, but I'd just like to say that there are many very nice, well built bows out there today.  We all have so many different likes and dislikes when it comes to what we shoot that it's really hard to say that one is better than another.  One might be better for one person while another might fit someone else better.  ST's are great bows and Dave does a wonderful job.  His bows have earned a spot at the big table in front so to speak.  I certainly don't want to tell anyone what they should post, but I just ask that we keep it clean and all agree that there are several great bows to choose from.  Anyway, gotta go wash the blood off my hands.  I happened to cross paths with a ruttin' buck this morning.

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2009, 12:22:00 AM »
Spoken like a true gentleman. Congratulations on your buck! Please post a thread with the story and pictures!
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©