3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunters 4 hungry?  (Read 362 times)

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
Hunters 4 hungry?
« on: November 05, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »
my question is, does your area H4H want you to pay $75.00 for the processing of the deer. In Jersey they won't let you process it(so I have been told). Kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it?
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunters 4 hungry?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 09:18:00 PM »
In a way, I can see your point. Thinking of the numerous families that will benefit from just one donated deer seems worth it though...
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 09:22:00 PM »
I want to help with this,but the amount of our licenses in Jersey is ridiculous $32.for permit bow another $32. if you want to shoot a buck not counting the $32.for the bow license.I'm not a rich man I just want to do my part .I don't get it.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 09:35:00 PM »
If you don't want to do it there way, contact your church and see if you have a needy family that would be able to use some venison.  If you don't have a church any will do.

Someone will use the bounty of the earth you provide.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 09:42:00 PM »
Tim, our Kentucky H4H program is free. A church in our state pays for it every year. We just drop the deer off and go. This is a great way for any state to control the population. I know many friends that would stop taking does when they had one or two in the freezer.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Skipmaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 11:16:00 PM »
Here in NY(at least my area) we pay nothing and can keep the backstraps if you want. I always donate a few. This year I am only using trad gear so we'll how many I donate.

Offline dakota tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 11:46:00 PM »
When I lived out in South Dakota my church was THE food pantry in town.  We joined a program similar to H4H.  The locker called & said they had 83 deer ready.  Then they said the total was $6,225 I just about fell over.  I told them to keep them!  The hunters thought someone else was paying for it & so did we.  What happened to the deer?  I'm pretty sure it was turned into jerky, summer sausage etc. & the locker sold it.

If I donate & they say it's free for me the hunter, I'm going to be sure to ask who's paying for it.  I'd rather pay than have a church be stuck with a big bill.
What was big was not the antlers, but the chance. What was full was not the meatpole but the memory of the hunt.    --Aldo Leopold

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©