3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Rut Activity in NC?  (Read 1104 times)

Offline LCH

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rut Activity in NC?
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2009, 11:40:00 AM »
Monday afternoon passed a 9pt about 105" he was looking I bleated at him and he and he came in then he trotted off past my son Nick but offered no shot. A few minutes later he shot a big doe about 115lbs. Tuesday morning had 2 small bucks come in and work a scrape then heard 3 shots over the next 10 min. The taxidermist hasn't taken many big ones in just medium sized and not many of them.LCH

Offline pebowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 05:14:00 PM »
I'm going to Stokes in the morning. Anybody seen anyhting lately?

Offline pebowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2009, 01:21:00 PM »
GMMAT and I went this am. I saw a doe with a yearling and Jeff saw 10 deer but still no rutting activity............

Offline short slugger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2009, 05:38:00 PM »
Haven't seen much yet...watched a 6 pt. feeding in an isolated field for over 45 min. this morning. No chasing I can see!
Tony!

Offline bartcanoe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2009, 06:19:00 PM »
No sign of the rut in Hoke county today.  Saw three does, with no Bucks on their trail.
Dave

US Army Retired (1984-2013)
Job 42:1-6

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2009, 06:24:00 PM »
We hunted yesterday and my buddies each killed a buck looking does but no chasing.The bigger deer are finally starting to move around again however.
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2009, 08:19:00 AM »
bernie and me are heading up to hunt with Preston a couple of days next week. Hopefully we'll get there about the time they start chasing hard. Love to get one of those Chatum county mackdaddies. DB
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline Primative Artisan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2009, 09:43:00 AM »
I shot a 7 point on the 4th.  He was nose to the ground and working a trail with 4 scrapes/rubs.  I checked the scrapes on the 12th after 3 days of wind and rain and they were all covered over with no activity.  I have not seen any chasing or any other wayward bucks, so I am conflicted as the the state of rut.  Thought is was moving into full swing, then nothing.  A head scratcher for sure.

Offline buxntoms

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2009, 11:24:00 AM »
Page,

Well I shot a huge 8 pointer yesterday morning here in Forsyth County and he was chasing a doe.  As far as I can tell the rut is in full swing here in our area (Forsyth, Yadkin, Davie, Stokes and Surry Counties).  I shot a another bruiser of an 8 point the weekend before and he was stinking and swollen around the neck.  Again in Forsyth County.  You won't be sorry taking this week off!  I just wish it would get cold again!  Good Luck.  

Mike
"Know Your Land....Know Your Prey!"

Offline pebowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2009, 04:45:00 PM »
Thanks for the good news Mike and congrats!!! I'll be in the woods all day Monday and Tuesday this week. Hope to see some chasin' goin' on!!!

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »
Really looking forward to Don's and my hunting time with Preston in Chatum County this coming weekend. Don has certainly bent over backwards to provide me with every opportunity this season. I hate that up to this point I haven't been able to justify his generousity with a deer on the ground but I am happy to report that I am seeing deer this year on a regular basis, and enjoying the heck out of my hunting time. I will keep trying for the "right moment" - LOL.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline LCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2009, 01:04:00 PM »
On the 13th Ben Graham and I were hunting and I had at least 7 different bucks come by looking and Ben had 3 or 4 they were all 1 1/2 years old. No does, Sat. evening the 14th I shot a doe and almost immediately after she ran off I had a 6pt. come in looking and was joined by a spike they hung around till after dark. This morning I had a big group of does come in and bed in some thick stuff about 20 min. later a small 8 pt. maybe 70" came through looking. Not seeing anything big. I'm still finding fresh scrapes.LCH

Offline LCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2009, 08:22:00 PM »
I shot a 9 pointer this afternoon, I rattled him in and shot him at 21 steps with my hummingbird. I have not posted any pics here and don't know how I will send one to John Dill and Batman maybe they will post for me.Shot him at 4:05.LCH

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2009, 05:49:00 AM »
nice going lee. DB

"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2009, 05:55:00 AM »
Good on ya, Lee!
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline LCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2009, 07:34:00 AM »
Thanks Don for posting it for me. Thanks Bernie. LCH

Offline pebowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2009, 09:18:00 AM »
The rut is in full swing in both Forsyth and Yadkin Counties!!!! Had an addolescent buck chase a doe by me last night while I was at the base of the tree packing up my climber. If I would have stuck my hand out I could have touched them as they ran by!! Stokes is as cold as a cucumber where I have been hunting. Don't know how I missed it there?

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2009, 06:52:00 PM »
Will finally be back out this Friday! Cannot wait as it has been a week. Hopefully things will change! LOL

great buck Lee!

J
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline LCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2009, 08:51:00 PM »
Thanks J-dog My taxidermist friend said they brought in some big ones this evening and the bucks were moving really good around here. They were looking for does.LCH

Offline LCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2009, 06:13:00 PM »
I was hunting in southern Alamance county Sat. morning near Chatam county. I had a really nice 10 point come by out of range probably in the 130"-140" class. He was with a small 4 point. I called to him no response. He just casually walked away. Hunted there Sat. evening and only saw a different 4 pointer no rutting activity at all. 6 days before bucks were out looking everywhere there. Go figure.LCH

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©