3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Rut Activity in NC?  (Read 1105 times)

Offline pebowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rut Activity in NC?
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2009, 09:00:00 AM »
Same here Lee. Haven't seen any rut activity since last Monday.

Offline Arrowhead80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2009, 08:42:00 PM »
I have seen plenty of deer this season but i haven't seen the first one chasing does. I have had bucks on camera the week of black powder with swollen necks.I watched several small deer cleaning scrapes but still no big bone.I tried to put Don and Bernie on em but the deer didn't cooperate.I am taking my nephew with me lately trying to get him his first buck.I seen a decent 8 pointer friday morning but fri afternoon with little man only 3 does showed up.I got trail camera pictures of the 8 pointer yesterday morning at 7 am so go figure.
Possum the other white meat

Offline LCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2009, 08:14:00 PM »
I went this morning and saw nothing, Went this afternoon and ran deer out of some acorns at 3:30 got set up and had a doe and button buck come in and eat acorns at 4:30. A 4pt came in and chased her all over the ridge and then another 4pt came in and they started fighting. Just before I got down they ran by me again. LCH

Offline Arrowhead80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2009, 08:43:00 PM »
Took my nephew this afternoon and we ran out a deer walking in i'll check camera tomorrow and see what it was but seen two does afterward.Nothing was behind the does but tomorrow may be different.I have two bucks that are decent on camera coming every morning this week so hopefully little man can bust one tomorrow.
Possum the other white meat

Offline pebowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2009, 09:20:00 AM »
Lee, Those young buck are really keeping the rut going.

Preston, Good luck. I hope he gets a monster!

Offline LCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2009, 07:49:00 PM »
Had a 5pt chasing does around my stand this afternoon. They came in late. Then a spike joined in the chase. Nothing big though.LCH

Offline pebowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2009, 11:01:00 AM »
GMMAT aka Jeff Venable shot a nice 7pt Friday morning that was chasing a doe in Forsyth County.

Offline LCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2009, 09:34:00 PM »
I shot a nice doe this afternoon with my Hoots Longbow. I saw a small 8 pt. chasing a doe this afternoon. He would probably score 85 or so. The doe I shot had already been bred, my taxidermist said 8 other does were brought by today and they all had been bred. A friend of mine shot an 8pt around 130" eating out of a corn pile yesterday evening with his compound. I have been hunting acorns and travel routes guess I should be hunting corn. When I hunt corn they kill the big ones over acorn. Go figure.LCH

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2009, 11:32:00 AM »
Hey Lee, put a cornpile under an oak where there are lots of acorns. Best of both worlds.  :goldtooth:

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2009, 07:39:00 PM »
pebowbender,  hey brother I'm gonna be moving to the same place as you around Feb. or March.  PM coming your way.

Ken
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©