3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 600 spine carbons  (Read 205 times)

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
600 spine carbons
« on: November 08, 2009, 10:11:00 AM »
Anyone shooting them? (GT 15/35)I was wondering if they would work out of my son's Baraga LB. Its #50 @ 27" and cut a good 1/8" from center. We have been trying full length 35/55 and they are taking a ton of weight to get them softened up. We're up to a 625g arrow at this point, was hoping to stay in the low 500's.

I would try a 15/35 if I could still add enough weight to get in the 500 range without making it too weak.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Eric

Offline wapiti

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 600 spine carbons
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 01:08:00 PM »
Try the Carbon Express Predator on the 20/40 spine. Use about a 145 grain point and cut to 29" or there abouts. I make quite a few in these for the lighter and/or shorter draw hunters. Very good value and pretty dang durable ofr a less expensive carbon arrow.
“Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.”-Will Rogers

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 01:43:00 PM »
goldtip 1535 is a great arrow...and they will accept the same internal components as the 3555..the ce 20/40 is a smaller diameter.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Badabing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 02:41:00 PM »
I use Easton Epic 600 on my longbows and recurve longbows are 48&50#@28 [email protected] are 28" 4fletch 3". Points. I have used 100gr. to 200gr. all with good flight.

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 07:12:00 PM »
Thanks for the help guys, got to mess with it again today. Dang, the only thing harder than tuning a bow for me is tuning one someone else is shooting. He's RH and I'm LH so I cant just say gimme the dang bow and let me try it.

Came to an unlikely result. Everthing bare shafted weak from 145 to 350g. Got frustrated with it and went back to what really seemed to fly well fletched, 175g, put a 175 BH on and they're flying pretty tight together right where they're supposed to.

Still sounds like a stiff setup to me, but shoot what shoots. I'll let him shoot it for a while and get used to the bow and see what it turns into.

Thanks again

Eric

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 06:17:00 AM »
I think they will be perfect for you.  I have shot the Easton Epic 600s and now the Gold Tip 15/35s.  The Epics are very fragile on the target range, but I haven't broken one in game yet.  They keep passing through!
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 08:18:00 AM »
Jason: I can't seem to get a bare shaft to shoot well from my wife's DAS bow. However, fletched Beman 500's with 200 grains up front and she shoots thru everything and to  my eye they shoot straight. I haven't ever had her paper tune them but  that may be a project for this winter.

by the way, we had wild turkey soup last night made with the thighs and legs of the turkey I got last week. It didn't taste like a domestic bird but it was very tasty. How was yours. We are saving the breasts for our own Thanksgivin since the kids will not be around then.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©