3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: lonewolf stands  (Read 186 times)

Offline mater

• Trad Bowhunter
lonewolf stands
« on: November 08, 2009, 12:28:00 PM »
Are the lonewolf alpha stands big enough? Im not that big of a guy, but dont want to be to uncomfortable. thank Mark

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: lonewolf stands
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 12:47:00 PM »
I've got a regular Alpha and an Assault.  I actually prefer the smaller assault.  Neither is as comfortable as a big ol' climber that cradles you like an easy chair, but the Lone Wolves are fine for their intended purpose--solid and light for the mobile hunter.

Offline Cootling

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 01:38:00 PM »
I've got the Alpha and 2 Assaults as well.  The Assault is plenty big and mighty convenient if you move your stand often, as I do (daily in my case).  I rarely use my Alpha.

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 01:42:00 PM »
I use my Alpha and stick daily. I put my stand up and take it down every sit, easy as pie and I have no problem sitting in my stand all day!
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 02:10:00 PM »
I have an Alpah and love it. The foam seat is definately the most comfortable that I have ever had on a hang on stand. I agree with Steve O, that they still aren't as cozy as a climber, but I much prefer a hang-on for bowhunting....less to get in the way of your bow limbs.

Offline Pegen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 04:50:00 PM »
I'm 6 ft tall and weigh 190 #. The only stand I use is my Assault with 4 sticks. It works great, and I'm comfortable

Offline 450 marlin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 05:39:00 PM »
Their platform is big enough to move around when standing and turn different ways without looking down to at your feet or rubbing cables making unwanted noise. Plus the platform is adjustable to make it level regardless how true the tree trunk is, the seat also has this adjustment on it. The seat is a good height, me being 6' and there are no squeaks when moving around,and going from sitting to standing...it is the best stand I have had..2 large hang-on and one hand climber and looking to buy another..Roy

Offline Featherbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 09:41:00 PM »
I am 210 and 6'1 and use the assault with 4 sticks and love um.  Like some of the others said, not as comfortable as my Ol Man climber, but can sit all day.
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. - Tribe Unknown

Southern Traditional Archery

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©