3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Does anyone know about or own a Kohannah hunter  (Read 793 times)

Offline longbone

• Trad Bowhunter
Does anyone know about or own a Kohannah hunter
« on: November 08, 2009, 06:37:00 PM »
Does anyone own or know anything about a Kohaanah hunter recurve? I am new in traditional bows. Was just wondering how smooth and how fast they are. I am shooting an older Bear kodiac now. If anyone has any information please let me know.

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Does anyone know about or own a Kohannah hunter
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 04:58:00 PM »
I have never shot one but have a used one on the way. They are supposed to be very smooth but not the fastest. I'll take quiet, smooth, and stable over fast any day. Bob builds nice bows.

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 05:00:00 PM »
I don't know about the hunter recurve but the Kohaanah fury longbows a great bows I have shot one and really liked it.  I know people who have had Kohaanah bows and have never heard anything bad about them.

Offline bow loving man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 05:51:00 PM »
my kohannah fury longbow is my go to bow and it is a fast, quiet and stable...wish I could find another one used for a back up...
"...on earth as it is in heaven..."

Offline MMilin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 01:23:00 PM »
Longbone:

My brother's first bow was a Kohannah Hunter.  Nice bow for the money (a little over $500 new and about half that used.) Reasonably good looking and well-made.  Not the fastest . . . but fast enough.

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 01:52:00 PM »
I own a Kohannah recurve and it is quiet and stable to shoot. Not the fastest bow around but as stated above, "quiet" is the key to a hunting bow. I agree. And no... it's not for sale.  ;)

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 02:11:00 PM »
I had a Kohannah Hunter and it was as stated above, a good solid shooter, plenty quiet but not blazing fast.
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 02:49:00 PM »
I have had a fury, and I have an elite.  My elite is 10 fps slower than a black swan recurve I had that was a pound heavier.  That is with the same chrono on the same day with the same arrow. That's purty quick. I also have a windwalker on order.  Bob is as fine of a man as you will deal with.  All his bows are purty and one of the toughest out there.  Bob may sacrifice a little speed for durability bot I'll take that anyday.  You will not find a better bow for the money imho.
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©