3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 8125 bowstring?  (Read 427 times)

Offline TJ Jones

• Trad Bowhunter
8125 bowstring?
« on: April 08, 2007, 12:34:00 PM »
Saw where someone is making strings from 8125. What is it and how does it compare, advantages/disadvatages, to fast-flight, BCY 450, DF 97, and B 50?  Thanks.

Offline bsh_jr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 8125 bowstring?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 12:52:00 PM »
I love it.  It is more like '97 then the other materials named, but it is slightly thinner in diameter.  Very strong, low stretch and zero creep once it settles.  However, you need to pad the loops with dacron and because of the small diameter, and I usually have to put on a second course of serving to hit my target diameter for nock fit.  I serve in a 4" section of 1d fastflight serving before I put on .26 diamond braid.  In my experience (and this may be my imagination), it is quieter than other materials I've tried.  I know it makes less noise than the 450 or 452, both of which are "twaqngy."

Anyway, I like the stuff.

Brannon

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 8125 bowstring?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 04:46:00 PM »
Like Brannon said, it's very similar to Dynaflight '97.  Smaller diameter, slightly different material, but serves the same purpose to me.  I've used it and to get the same diameter string as with Dynaflight I have to use more strands, so I just use Dynaflight.  BCY advertises it as their fastest material, and Bob Morrison seems to like it pretty well.

Chad

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©