3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ida know, do deer move in wind and rain  (Read 227 times)

Offline Primative Artisan

• Trad Bowhunter
Ida know, do deer move in wind and rain
« on: November 12, 2009, 11:20:00 AM »
I have alway been of the opinion that with short term weather conditions like we are currently having (25-35 mph wind gusting to 45 and constant rain) over the last 2 days that deer don't move enought to justify enduring the weather.  I am no whimp, and would be out there if I did not think it a near waste of time. I know wildlife endure these weather patterns without shelter, but do they really just hunker down and wait it out to resume their normal activity, or is it business as usual?  :confused:  

:help:  What do you think, am I just missing 2-3 days of prime rut hunting or am I correct in my opinion? Or, is it somewhere in between?

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ida know, do deer move in wind and rain
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 11:39:00 AM »
I usually hunt reguardless of the weather,As long as I have a consistant wind. And as long it is not a down right down pour. I make alot of adjustments in shot selection. Closer the better!!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ida know, do deer move in wind and rain
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 11:50:00 AM »
They endure it, and they have to eat. Still hunting is a great option, especially if you can find some thick shelter like over grown pines, etc.

Im not hunting enough this year, so I will hunt when I can, no matter what.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©