3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Question about accessibility of international shipping agencies for Americans  (Read 342 times)

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Often the question of shipping costs from the USA to other parts of the world arises, and is well-answered.

My questions are: How accessible are agencies like FedEx and UPS to you Americans, should you be selling a bow to somebody overseas? Are there numerous shops within easy distance in larger towns or cities, where you can get a quote or make a shipment without too much hassle? Or is it a real pain in the neck to access these agencies? How does it work at your end to ship via FedEx or UPS to a foreign country? Is it as simple as making a phonecall and requesting a pick-up?

Thanks for your time and thoughts. With a strong Aussie dollar, I'm still entertaining thoughts of continuing to try to add a heavier Bear to the stable (my wife is in the kitchen and isn't reading this).

Cheers,

Ben
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
They're very accessible (to me anyway).  Internet or phone call to schedule a pickup or any of the half dozen or so shops on my way home from work.

They're still very expensive though.  I just priced sending a one piece Down Under and the shipping charges were $145 US!
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Thanks, Jeremy. Was that via FedEx or UPS? Or some other mob?
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
UPS isn't too far away for me.  Fed-Ex is a bit more of a trip.  The US Postal Service is the closest, easiest, and by far the cheapest, but has more size restrictions.

Chad

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
That was FedEx.  The UPS site quoted me $177 for the same package.  A bit much for a bow I was selling for $210
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
I have found the USPS International Priority mail the best route to go.  There are no extra charges for international shipping.

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Yep, USPS is the way to go for a take-down, as long as the total price including shipping is under AU$1000. If it is more than that, I like to go with UPS, as they really offer great, fast service through customs.

For one-piece bows, the way I look at it is that we simply do not have access to all those beautiful old bows that you guys do, and we do live a long way from the USA, and so the extra US$90 (or even more) can be well worth-it and soon forgotten about as one enjoys a bow that can't be got any other way. That's how I look at it, anyway, and I'm sure some of my countrymen disagree.
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline el_kirk

• Trad Bowhunter
I'm guessing you know about the online calculators that UPS, USPS and FEDEx have on their websites?

They're where I usually go if I want to know how much shipping will run me.  In most cases you can also pay and schedule a pickup (even here in Wyoming).  

You would need a scale and a tape measure to go this route, but that doesn't seem like an unlikely combination of things to find in a bow geek's house.   :)

So I'd say that shipping things to you would be pricey, but not difficult.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©