3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Opinions on Cat Quiver Please....  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
Opinions on Cat Quiver Please....
« on: November 17, 2009, 05:04:00 PM »
Hey all,

I would like to hear some opinions on the Cat Quivers, especially the number 1.

Have you used or currently use one?  Would you recommend it?  How easy is it to get arrows out of it when needed?

If you have any other recommendations for side type quivers, I'd appreciate hearing them.

Thanks for your time.

Nalajr

Offline svenska

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Opinions on Cat Quiver Please....
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 05:34:00 PM »
tried a cat quiver a few years ago and did not like it at all...very inconvenient to draw from. Went to a hip quiver that was OK, now I use  a 3 arrow bow quiver that I really like. Never really saw the need for carrying around a dozen shafts..unless of course you're going to be miles from your source.

Offline Caleb the bow breaker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 05:41:00 PM »
In my opinion

The idea of a catquiver is great.  I have a cat quiver III but in reality for the guy that is going to park his rig and walk a quarter mile to his stand they are a bit cumbersome because the first thing I do when I get in the stand is hang my quiver.  Currently I use a GFA quiver and am very happy with it.  Seems to be a good compromise for me.  

On other minor problem.  Catquivers require all your arrows to be roughly the same length.  Can make it difficult to carry blunts or other small game heads.

Caleb
Oh squeaky treestand, how I hate thee!

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 05:47:00 PM »
I have a Catquiver II and a Catquiver V. I used to use the II quite a bit because I never liked the way most bow quivers felt on My longbows.

The Catquiver V is a large daypack with a catquiver mini attached. I like it for all day hunts or Elk hunting. To big for whitetail hunting everyday around home.

I now hunt with a EFA 4 arrow bow quiver around home with a fanny pack.

It was always easier for Me to get a arrow out of the catquiver than a regular back quiver. I You want to use two different style heads like Judos and broadheads You have to rig a piece of foam or rubber to make up the arrow length.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 05:57:00 PM »
I used a Catquiver  for years. Nice quiver, but I prefer my Arrowmaster. Easier to retrieve and replace arrows and packs great. Comes off and can be hung in tree quickly too.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 06:03:00 PM »
I also used it for many years and never really liked it. I got an arrowmaster a few years ago and love it.

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 06:06:00 PM »
Clunky. There's no perfect quiver, however, and it takes a while to find what's going to work for you. Most of us change things around on a regular basis, I think, when it comes to quivers. They all have drawbacks, IMHO.

Offline Pegg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 06:07:00 PM »
I love my cat quiver. I have one and my 10 year old son has one. They work great. We can fit what we need in it and easy to get the arrows out. Just reach back around your hip and grab the arrow. Deer don't even see the movement. I am not one for bow quivers. Just my 2 cents.
If today was perfect, There would be no need for tomorrow

Offline Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 06:09:00 PM »
Ive had the CQ1, an Arrowmaster and many others, even though I like bow quivers a little better the Arromaster was the best of any side or back quiver I have ever owned! Very user friendly, quiet and well built.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 06:33:00 PM »
Have a I and a III.5. I use them every hunt. Very easy to get an arrow out of while on your back. I use the I in the early season when hot and use the III.5 later when packing in a jacket and extra gear for rut hunting.

If I had to pick one it would be the III.5 as you will need some other fanny pack to take extra gear.

Good luck
T.J.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 06:41:00 PM »
i had one and i did not like it so i started makeing my own quivers stalker type much better.plus Indian lakota quivers good luck in finding the right quiver as it is a hard quest.   :thumbsup:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 07:03:00 PM »
I had one; and it had some value; like I would use it in a treestand hung on a branch. Kept the fletch and nocks from attracting attention.

But elk hunting and stalking; well your fine until you want to sit down- then you find out the disadvantage of them. Also if you fall and land while in steep country the thing is pretty dangerous.

I liked having one - more than I liked using it.

As has been said; you kind of have to figure out which way of carrying arrows is best for ~you~ ...
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 07:05:00 PM »
I have had 2 CQs, and my response is one word: Arrowmaster.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 11:11:00 PM »
I own a II, a mini,  and a IV  I use the 2 more than any, I have tried other quivers but feel the cat is the best quiver out there.. it keeps the arrows very handy and protects them and when hung in a tree beside you keeps everything very handy..
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline Rick P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 11:16:00 PM »
Made my own based on the cat quiver design and I love it. Mine has a bigger pack and a built in stool, get on post, take the quiver off, unfold the seat legs and relax while glassing or siting in the blind.
Just this Alaskan's opinion

Offline yukon chuck

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 01:38:00 AM »
Rick P...could you post pics? Sounds very interesting.
>>>--TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Longbow Association
Yucketsville Buffalo & Cricket Association

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle". -Plato

Offline Old York

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 03:32:00 AM »
I like my CQ 1.5 a lot, but mainly for still-hunting when I'm doing it for a full day or so. Fletches are protected and 100% hidden. I beefed up the lower part of the bonnet with some aluminium arrow sections so it wouldn't springboard so much. Getting an arrow out is simply reaching in back, lifting up the shaft a tad, pulling it out and letting it slide down into my hand....all that movement can be completely hidden from a deer's view. I think this style of quiver serves a very unique purpose and it's well worth the money.
"We were arguing about brace-height tuning and then a fistmele broke out"

Offline Broken Arrow 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2009, 11:03:00 AM »
Did not like mine at all. Use it once and  then sold it.
Its not the size of the animal you hunt that matters. Its how you hunt the animal.

Offline MMilin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2009, 01:53:00 PM »
I use a Cat Quiver MINI in combination with a wool daypack. That combo is extremely quiet and entirely comfortable.

The arrows are at my side and, therefore, are easily removed from the quiver . . . easier than any OTHER Cat Quiver or (in my opinion) any other back quiver.  More important, arrows are more easily placed back INTO the quiver than with any other Cat Quiver.

The Mini is also easily manipulated when I'm
in the thick stuff OR when I want to remove it and place it next to me on a stand.

Mark

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2009, 02:49:00 PM »
I use a II in Fl, but when I go up north I use a III and pack an extra sweater and hat in the pack in case temps change on me, im kind of warm blooded..I tried a hip quiver but it did not suit me, I have to walk thru some thick stuff on occasions and found a back quiver centered in my back works for me. I have not used any other back quiver for hunting, there are other fine choices out there but since I have a few CQs i ll keep using them.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©