3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Split fingers?  (Read 240 times)

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
Split fingers?
« on: November 19, 2009, 06:35:00 PM »
Or should I say cracked.  Anyone have problems with deep cracks in your first joint of your string fingers?  This is my first year of really serious trad shooting in a long time.  I have had my share of cracks mostly on the bottom of my index finger shooting split finger.  This fall I have been having a lot of deep cracks in the joint or very near the joint mostly in my ring finger, but also some in my index finger.  I am not sure if it is the cold, build up of tough skin, time for a new tab. dry skin or some combo.  Feels like bad paper cuts.  Not ideal for hunting season to have them popping up.  I am managing if I don't shoot a lot, but as soon as I get into multiple days of heavy practice I get one.  Any ideas what the cause is and how to prevent them or is this fairly common?
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Split fingers?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 10:54:00 PM »
No but my buddy used to get some cracks in his hand,he went to a doctor and the doctor gave him some steriod cream that helped heal them.I shoot split and I like to use a deep hook,relaxes the back of your hand and I get a cleaner release.Go see your doctor and get his opinion.

Offline onewhohasfun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 01:16:00 PM »
Super glue works for me.
Tom

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 01:41:00 PM »
I recommend a deep hook as well.A multi layered tab should help you as well.or just a thicker tab 2 or 3 layers thick.Condition your hands in the meantime and some vitamin E oil on the cracks should help with healing.

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 03:24:00 PM »
Go and buy Utter Cream it's the best hand cream I have ever used it will heal the cracks you get from the cold and keep your skin soft and flexible.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©