3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: One more chance  (Read 356 times)

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
One more chance
« on: November 19, 2009, 09:27:00 PM »
Well tomorow is it, last chance before the guns hit the woods.My season started out slow, real slow.My perennial producer saw zero  deer in about 20 hours of siting.Some was due to standing corn a mile away. some due to lack of beech nuts and some just because thats how the gods intended it to be.Well, I saw more bucks than I have in a long time and enjoyed some quality time out there with God and his creations.I have to admit that I have felt self pity this year.Made me feel sh---- about who I was.After looking deep within myself and rediscovering what its all about Im feeling alright at this point.I passed on one deer and it was the one and only that came close enough and clear enough to shoot.Well here we are on the eve of the last day and Im finally come to say "Let It Be".I took tomorrow off so the fat lady hasnt sung yet.But if I walk out of the woods tomorrow without loosing a shaft all I have to say is "Damn I love Hunting With A longbow And The Challenges It Poses". Maybe in not so many words but wow, what an awesome thing it is to hunt these critters with nothing more than a stick and string.To all my brothers and sisters who have meat in the freezer, I salute you.To all of those who do not have meat in the freezer.... Keep at it,there are no steaks finer than those harvested with a stick and string.Most importantly I salute the deer of whom fate has smiled upon and kept their path clear of my arrows range.God bless you all.

Izzy

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: One more chance
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 10:06:00 PM »
Good luck on your hunt. If it's a dry year for you, you can always joing the guys in NJ for winter bow.  Not as pretty as it is in your neck of the woods, but good numbers of deer.

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 10:13:00 PM »
Good luck to you! Mostly, stay safe and shoot straight!   :thumbsup:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 10:13:00 PM »
Dry Hah!  Sounds like you'll get drenched tomorrow.  You're better than me Izzy as I am giving in and putting a deer in my freezer this weekend by any means necessary. Yes that means using a rifle and shooting 100 yards if needed.  I still feel excitement when I kill a deer with a gun and I love venison so if I have to, I will use the gun.

Good luck tomorrow, I have been seeing them feeding mid day in the rain, like last Saturday. It was pouring so I decided to goose hunt instead of potentially having a lousy blood trail.

I am glad you are feeling better. Nothing worse than being sick during hunting season.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 12:50:00 AM »
Best of luck Izzy...I've got faith in you, bud. If anyone can pull it off on the last day, it's you...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 04:23:00 AM »
The only time you fail, Is when you give up. Life is good go gettem..God Bless..

Offline Adirondackman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 05:25:00 AM »
Izzy - Good Luck this morning. Hope you make meat today. Nice wet/rainy day. I seem to have some of my best days in this kind of weather.
"at some point technology becomes not an aid but a substitute for sportsmanship" - Aldo Leopold

Offline Huntrdfk@Work

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 08:23:00 AM »
Izzy I am right with you, I have hunted hard since September without seeing a deer.....but know that tomrrow morning I will be in a tree before light just knowing that the buck that rubbed the tree in front of my stand three days ago will appear in the early morning light......good luck!

David

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 06:02:00 PM »
I hope you pulled it off
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 06:13:00 PM »
Check it in yet?

Killdeer   :archer:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 06:52:00 PM »
Hope you had better luck tonite than I did.I did actually see some and thought I was gonna get a shot but that musta been the entrance to the underground tunnels cause they were there 30 yrds in front of me I saw them come in but some how pooof and the fat lady has sung
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 07:23:00 PM »
A good attitude is a big asset to a hunter. It gives the ability to withstand cold, hunger, sleepiness ect.

It is also good to hear some of the things you mentioned...

Thanks.

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2009, 07:38:00 PM »
You too bud!!   :thumbsup:
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2009, 12:17:00 PM »