3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone tried the Grizzlystiks?  (Read 461 times)

Offline slayer1

• Trad Bowhunter
Anyone tried the Grizzlystiks?
« on: April 09, 2007, 10:30:00 AM »
I saw them on display at a recent archery show. They are darn good looking arrows. I am scared to just buy them outright before I know if they will fly out of my bow or not. I am shooting a 65# @ 28 long bow. I am currently shooting GT 5575's that weigh around 640/645 grains. They are cut to 29.25 inches with a 160 grain tip and 170 grains of weight in the insert. Is there anywhere you can try out an arrow? Can you buy one to play with? Are there any local dealers in NC? Thanks for the help.

Offline md126

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone tried the Grizzlystiks?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 10:39:00 AM »
very good arrow but expensive. i find other heavy carbons as durable and easier to get. you have enough weight w/ the gold tips so i'd stick w/ them. as far as i know, in order to try some GS's you have to buy at least 1/2 dz and i don't think there are any dealers in the lower 48. only available through ABS

Offline possumtrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 10:50:00 AM »
Started to use them 2 years ago. They are pricey but you can't hardly tear them up! I will lose one before it breaks. Easy to tune and I can shoot one arrow out of different bows by making minor weight adjustments. Only thing that I do not like is the "target burn" residue that is on the shaft after shooting. If you are wanting a heavier shaft I highly recommend them. I use the Alaskan and the Sitkas. Do a search on them. There has been a good amount of discussion on this topic in the last couple of years....
possumtrot

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 11:01:00 AM »
Ed now offers grizzlystics try out packages; don't know if they are up on his web-site yet. The pack that is on its way to me has an Alaskan and a Sitka shaft with nocks, aluminum and steel inserts for a glue-on point. So that should give me an opportunity to come up with one or more set-ups. I normally shoot just wood-but couldn't resist all the hype! LOL!! Hmmmmm..................'target burn' bummer.

Offline slayer1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 11:21:00 AM »
Maybe I will give him a call. How much for the test pack?

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 11:40:00 AM »
Haven't seen the invoice Slayer.........but struck me as reasonable at the time.

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 09:19:00 PM »
slayer1, I've got one cut to 29" around here somewhere....it needs an insert, but you can try it if you want....let me know! Mike
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Jay Campbell, JD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 09:37:00 PM »
Slayer:  I've shot through a couple dozen. They are heavy. But if you want more weight, why not get the 75-95 GTs, or the GT Big Game 100s (I'm shooting those, modified, now), and add the tip weight to get good bareshaft flight?  The GTs are much thinner, to the extent that aides in penetration, and the increased tip weight will increase FOC and also aide in penetration, according to Ashby. I find the GTs to be increadibly tough, but lots of folks have had great results with Grizzlysticks. - Jay Campbell

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©