3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: planet earth on discovery channel (hidden adgenda)?  (Read 437 times)

Offline jonesy

• Trad Bowhunter
planet earth on discovery channel (hidden adgenda)?
« on: April 09, 2007, 02:18:00 PM »
Has anyone been watching planet earth on the discovery channel? Does anyone get the impression that their is a animal rights ajenda being pushed? It seems to me that when nature takes its coarse (a kill) they want the prey animals to get away, and it is ok if the predator goes hungry, i guess that's the walt dinsney mentality in the world today. I thought it was beautiful when the lion was waiting at the water hole to ambush an elephant i felt a kinship to the lion and my blood pressure definatley increased. Dont get me wrong i do not like too see that kinda stuff, but (thats nature)and hell i dont like to see a animal fallen to an arrow die in front of me, but seems too me that a well placed broadhead or bullet conjures mutch less suffering.Why are poeple ,so anti hunting? Are we not predators in the chain of life and death mutch needed for prey and predator's to survive and florish? i can only be thankful, for letting me, be part of that life and death struggle. Jonesy

Offline juneaulongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Fannin Texas
Re: planet earth on discovery channel (hidden adgenda)?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 02:31:00 PM »
I saw an episode a few weeks ago with the Snow Leopards chasing Markhors in the Himalayas.  Pretty awesome footage.  People like to cheer for the underdog.  Also they don't like to be reminded of the fact that they too will die.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 02:31:00 PM »
Mike.  people are so very far removed from (worldly) reality now that they don't know any better.  Sure, predation and eating other things is not pretty, but the fact is, it is here to stay.

There are any number of TV and movie specials, that, although entertaining and cute, are very clearly 180 degrees from the truth.  Even Planet Earth and the Discovery Channel do it.   On one recent series of shows I saw, cannot recall which Channel, but it was about "Hunter and Hunted".  There was one special on big cats, one about gators in Florida, and several others. In each case, it involved a large predator grabbing and eating people.  In EACH case, at the end of the movie, they posed the question:  "What did (Joe) do to provoke the attack".   Again, it is the person's fault.  Could NEVER be that a predator is simply that, a predator, no matter what the guy or woman or kid did.   It is, unfortunately, the way of the current world.
ChuckC

Offline carphunter100

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 02:54:00 PM »
Great footage and I get the same filling, they want to film the kill but they want to film more getting away that that gets killed. To leave this earth is part of life, some people cant deal with it. It nature for people and animal to fight for life to the very end. And I like to see an amimal fall in my sight, this means a quick clean kill and I do not have to track it.
Member WV Bowhunters Associaion Life member of Trad. Bowhunters of Southern WV

Offline jonesy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »
well said!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©