3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: my dad and evo  (Read 422 times)

Offline IRUKHANJI

• Trad Bowhunter
my dad and evo
« on: November 23, 2009, 02:38:00 PM »
as many of you know my dad (elkherder)bought a bow on here called a blackbrook evo,made in the uk.i understand by the way he explained it to me that these bows are very hard to find here in the usa.he sent this bow across the country on the adventures of evo raising money for st judes.after he got evo back he was going to put the bow in an auction on here for st judes.he recently was laid off from his job after being injured on the job ten months ago.he was very sad as he was about to sell most of his bows to help pay bills and such.then a small miracle happened and he recieved a fair sum of money from his attorney as he had overcharged him in his on the job injury case.so he still has evo after initially posting it as a giveaway.then it morphed into the adventures of evo.my dad and this bow are stuck with each other.he hardly ever puts it down,watches the outdoor channel with it and shoots this bow like its a part of him.hes a good shooter but with this bow hes a great shooter,blows my mind how accurate he is with this bow.not much has gone right in his life since he was hurt,has a hard time getting up in the morning from back pain and then theres his leg thats constantly swelling up at random.he bought this bow just because it is so nice looking then had no use for it but now they have both found the real reason he bought it.they are going places my dad and evo.i love you dad.
        ryan
HOWDY STRANGER

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: my dad and evo
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 03:24:00 PM »
I know Elkherder from the local archery shop and can say that he is a great guy, cordinates the Oregon Elk Hunt every year, and deserves all the happiness he can find.   He has had a rough run lately and is always cheerful and positive despite his trials and tribulations,

Good to hear he found his true ( bow ) love and is shooting like a champ.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 08:36:00 PM »
If he shoots that thing better than his Mohawk, I ain't hunt'n with him no more!!   :thumbsup:  Let me know.
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 08:44:00 PM »
And i don't know Larry except as a name of someone i met thru this site.  I would like to say thanks again for giving me a brief opportunity to shoot a great bow, but more importantly, to use it as a vehicle to raise money for such a worthy cause.  Thanks again Larry (and Vermonster) for coming up with the idea!  i hope and pray things will continue to get better for you!
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 09:00:00 PM »
Good luck and great times ahead. Thanks for sharing EVO with me. Take care of your pops Ryan.
And EVO!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 09:04:00 PM »
hmmmm...dont know what to say son.this post you put up touches me.true...evo and i are getting along very very well.most incredible bow i have ever shot.so smooth that i want another one at sixty pounds but i'll have to really beg and hold my mouth just right to get someone from the uk to order one for me then mail it to me.i'll have 700-800 into it but worth every penny.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 09:06:00 PM »
I was lucky enough to be one of the people who shared in shooting Evo on her journey around the country. I am very glad to hear that your father still has this bow. I was sad to think that he was going to have to sell it to pay the bills. She has a special feel to her and I hope he can keep her for many years to come.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline fnshtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 04:01:00 PM »
I too felt lucky to be involved with the EVO adventure. I really appreciate what Larry did... and Ryan, you got a good "Pop" there!

Good luck to you both!  :thumbsup:
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©