3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Same dynamic spine, different weights...  (Read 388 times)

Offline Zbearclaw

• Trad Bowhunter
Same dynamic spine, different weights...
« on: November 23, 2009, 05:55:00 PM »
So here's the deal.  I want to find another arrow combo with the same dynamic spine/length/OD as my current setup, to compare flight and point-of-aim characteristics.

Has anyone else done this, ie shooting two different weight arrows that have the same spines that fly just as well (bare shaft grouping and broadhead grouping to prove the good flight)?

I want to leave my bow alone, and build another arrow to shoot that is lighter.

Right now it looks like the GT trad 5575 will work well with my CE Heritage 250.  The spines and diameter are dang close to what I need.  

Let me know if my assumptions are off base, I'd like to do this, but also like to save the $75 or it would cost to try this if it won't work.
Give me a bow a topo and two weeks, and I guarantee I kill two weeks!

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Same dynamic spine, different weights...
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 06:26:00 PM »
I am shooting FMJ 500's out of my longbow at 584 grains and just put together a bunch of Beman Bowhunter 500's.  With the same head weight and insert weight they weigh 525 grains.  So I have 10.6 gpi and 9.5 gpi arrows.  At 20 yards there isn't much difference in where they hit.  At 40 it is another story entirely.  I start to see the difference in weight and impact points around 25 yards and it becomes pretty noticeable at 30.  

It can be done.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Zbearclaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 06:32:00 PM »
My tinkering will hopefully get to where I can have a point on closer to 30-40yds.

I love these arrows and they are tuned great, but a 20yd point on is a bit short if I want to shoot farther accurately.

thanks
Give me a bow a topo and two weeks, and I guarantee I kill two weeks!

Offline mightybow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 07:29:00 PM »
What is your your draw weight? What is draw length? Recurve or long bow? Why do you want to shoot 30 or 40 yards for anyway kinetic energy comes into play when you start going for distance and speed. Thought " traditional" was about getting close? Not saying you can't shoot that far but why?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©