3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I had a pretty good evening  (Read 355 times)

Offline Longbow Jake

• Trad Bowhunter
I had a pretty good evening
« on: November 24, 2009, 12:12:00 AM »
I was on my papaws property in a natural blind I made under a ceader tree along a fence line big field behind me THICK!!! woods to my left and a small field in front of me.I got in there at about 4:00 to stay till dark because the deer are dang near nocturnal not much happing except birds and squirrls squaking at me till around 5:20 I see two deer running through the the woods to my left didnt know what they were running from but they were then anyway around 5:30 a small doe comes out from one of many deer trails into the field in front of me she closed in to 2 maybe 3 yards im standing up heart pumpin allready have a spot picked I begin to raise my bow up and she spooks runs only about 20 yards stops to try to figure me out she couldnt so she stands there for about 5 mins broadside but didnt have the confidence to take the shot with darkness comeing up quikley didnt want to wound her.she even hoped the fence trying to wind me but the wind was not moving one bit but when I was leaving her buddy was coming down the trail I didnt realize and she blew and took off.Even though I didnt get a shot off I still had a great time and am hooked even more now than before. I guess I should give that spot a rest for a week or so till things cool off? Sorry for rambling just thought I would share.
Death Before Dinner.  God is my camera man.   I Love Motorcycles and I Love Bow Hunting But I don't Mix The two I don't put wheels on my Bows

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: I had a pretty good evening
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 12:49:00 AM »
Sounds like a great hunt.  I've never tried to draw on one that close, unless I was up a tree.  It was really quiet when I was out the other day and I was hunting from the ground 6 yards from a trail. When I made a practice draw, I was pretty certain that I would get busted from the noise of my clothing.  The only reason that I stayed there was that there were a few trails 20 yards away as well.

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 07:50:00 AM »
If they are the only two deer in that area giving it a rest may help. However, you only saw two deer, they didn't smell you, it seems, so why do you need to let it cool down? I'de be back there and maybe if the wind dictates it, move my blind to a different location. In fact, I probably would have several blinds ready to go so I could hunt the wind properly.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Longbow Jake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 09:34:00 AM »
It was a ? about letting cool down I was not really sure if I should or not.
Death Before Dinner.  God is my camera man.   I Love Motorcycles and I Love Bow Hunting But I don't Mix The two I don't put wheels on my Bows

Offline Longbow Jake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 09:39:00 AM »
I taking it I shouldnt try to draw on them that close again??

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©