3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who wants to go hunting  (Read 1091 times)

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who wants to go hunting
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2009, 03:25:00 PM »
JoeVan, wonderful gesture on your part! Great example to all of us.

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2009, 03:29:00 PM »
Beef jerky a cup of coffee or a bowl of pasta and some wine I just want to know who is gonna go hunting with the man!!! I feel like Im reading Rachel Ray's diary
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2009, 03:51:00 PM »
Next year im going to lease some land and make it a trad only piece of property. Im just not interested in rifle hunting anymore and i have already talked to someone today who is in with me.

The land where i hunt is full of deer and to have it to be trad only would be a blast. Also we can legally kill over 100 deer a year down here so the action would be incredible without those rifles going off everyday.

More to come about all this i promise you that much. Just imagine 1,500 acrs and around 6 trad only hunters, man what a great hunt that would be.  :thumbsup:
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2009, 03:59:00 PM »
Unbeliveble,so many deer and not pressure,what a dream.Joe you have taken that traditional bug very bad.Felix
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline rjackson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2009, 04:04:00 PM »
Joe, we will have a blast!!!Can't wait to get it done.Nice chat this morning.Randy J.

Offline Lamey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2009, 08:38:00 PM »
If you get another weekend "open" down there let me know, also interested in the lease deal, left you a mssg.

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2009, 11:29:00 PM »
Joe,
I usually hunt every year in Blount County, just off I65 near Hayden. Always looking for more property to hunt in the area. Send me the details on the lease and perhaps I'll be able to go in on it with you.   :campfire:  
Unfortunately I probably won't make it up this year due to medical issues with my father and mother-in-law. But if I do make it I'll PM you before coming and maybe we can get together.   :archer:  

Good Luck with the Biggins,
Hal

Offline Johnny Reb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2009, 02:20:00 AM »
I'm suprised that this thread aint just swamped with takers, wow,hhhhhmmmm,  it aint that far.
  Almost to good to belive, only thing to make it better would be 70 virgins to cater to you.
It's a twang thang,some people git it, some people dont.

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2009, 02:33:00 AM »
whats the catch here???? Am I missing something?

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2009, 07:05:00 AM »
No catch at all as a matter of fact i just got off the phone with Randy Jackson and he will be hunting with me this trip.

Randy lives in huntsville and is getting ready  to make the drive to the cabin where we stay.
Wish us luck.   :thumbsup:
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2009, 07:19:00 AM »
Good luck guys,take some big ones and come back with trophies and pics.LOL
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Raineman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2009, 08:07:00 AM »
Great offer Joe. Must just be that times are tight for everyone. I'm saving $$ for a big 2010 trip, otherwise I'd be down to join ya'.

Somebody go hunt with the man. I've had a few phone conversations with Joe and I would pretty much say that theres no "catch", he's just an enthusiastic trad guy, and loves his vintage bows.

Looks like an out of state license is $275 for a year, $170 for a 10 day, and $120 for a 3 day.

Joe, if you're making one, put me on the short list for 2011. Maybe Rich, Bill, and I can make the trip. Sure would be nice to talk about it, been meaning to give you a call anyway.

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2009, 08:41:00 AM »
Jim

By the time you make it down here im going to have a all trad hunting club. I have already talked to 3 people who are going to get with me after the season and we will make it happen.

With this economy theres land for lease everywhere down around where i hunt. Just think 6 or 7 guys with 1,500 acrs of trad only land. How much fun do you think that would be.

The key is i know a lot of people where i hunt and one guy is always finding me land to lease but with this economy we can only lease so much. We got lucky on one piece of property that is 1,000 acrs and leased it for 5 dollars a acr. Most of the land we have been hunting has been over 10 dollars a acr but it is prime deer land.

I know where there is 1,100 acrs that is pretty high but man it has some huge bucks on it and it also comes with a great 3 bedroom house with a barn. Im going to check on that piece of property only because i know what kind of deer it has on it.   :thumbsup:
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline Roy Steele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2009, 09:19:00 AM »
Joe I've deer hunting for 40 years and have  been buildins and hunting with selfbows for 20 years.With 33 bucks and 7 spring gobblers to my creit with my selfbows.I all ready have this year planded.And I love big whitetails and also hunt hard.But next fall I might be able to sqeezzzz in a couble weeks if the offer is still open.You might count me in.Is this and offer to just come and hunt or can I join you club.Both would be fine PM or Email me with more details.Sounds great.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
 20 YEARS LEARNING 20 YEARS DOING  20 YEARS TEACHING
  CROOKETARROW

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2009, 09:25:00 AM »
Roy

I will get back with you im headed to work YUCK.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2009, 10:10:00 AM »
I lost two of my small spots this year, a total of 45ac. This sounds awesome. Winters coming, the south is sounding pretty good right now.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2009, 10:11:00 AM »
P.S.
    GOOD LUCK This weekend.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline pj starrett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2009, 12:57:00 PM »
Joe im gonna give you a call next week about when i can come down.  I am also interested in the lease idea since im fairly close to you.  Pj

Offline robhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2009, 10:21:00 AM »
All tradditional lease sounds great.I'll call ya. McDonough Ga. is not far away.

Offline Owlgrowler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2009, 10:36:00 AM »
WOW! Sounds great. Good luck boys.

Joe, Do you have a sister? :~)
Bragging may not bring happiness,
but no man having caught a large fish,goes home through the alley.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©